Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5/10NL Zoom 6max KK Nitty fold or what?

Old
5/10NL Zoom 6max KK Nitty fold or what? - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

I know he could have had QQ and JJ or even AA but I'm doubtful because of the passivity on the flop and not defending against the flush draw- I put him on some type of set- this was my first time playing 5/10 adjusting my game now, I am playing without a HUD.

Thoughts on this hand?

Thanks everyone and I appreciate all feedback!

Old
Oh and also about limp raise - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:24 AM
(#2)
Almost forgot about preflop action

What do you guys think about his 4bet to my limp raise?
This kind of puts into perspective that he could simply have an overpair but pocket 10s is also in his range.
I considered this factor but I figured it would be more likely he check called with a set? Can you analyse that?

Thanks again!

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
I gues limping with premium against unknown isn`t very profitable.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason272727 View Post

I know he could have had QQ and JJ or even AA but I'm doubtful because of the passivity on the flop and not defending against the flush draw- I put him on some type of set- this was my first time playing 5/10 adjusting my game now, I am playing without a HUD.

Thoughts on this hand?

Thanks everyone and I appreciate all feedback!
I would start with a raise to 0.30 instead of a limp. You want to build a pot and this raise will get all kinds of action from all kinds of worse.

You want to be deceptive you say? Raising to 30 cents is deceptive... they don't know what you have. Players at 5c-10c see people raise to 30 cents with A4o J8s, 55, all kinds of hands. Hence the deception in raising to 30c. limp-re-raising is not very deceptive. Why? Because people do it with QQ, KK, and AA.

After that I am not sure. My best advice is to not limp-re-raise.

Old
Alright I'll take that into consideration - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:39 AM
(#5)
I suppose I made this play because my KK and AA always get folded to and I rarely get action with them- I suppose I should be grateful that they don't get cracked. I raised with the intention of trying to induce a raise from someone but the pot didn't really go my way.

Thanks for feedback

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:56 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason272727 View Post
I suppose I made this play because my KK and AA always get folded to and I rarely get action with them- I suppose I should be grateful that they don't get cracked. I raised with the intention of trying to induce a raise from someone but the pot didn't really go my way.

Thanks for feedback
People have selective memory, we always remember then we get craked our AA by 46s or 72o but we forgot then we have profit with them.

Yes you will get litle more folds with AA KK than with 45s because you have blokers to vilains caling ranges preflop. For Example You Have Ah Ad wilain cant call you with AhQx combos because your holding eleminates them. But you will have more calls post flop (if you dont hit top set) because you have lees blokers to Top pair holdings. In the end of the day AA and KK make 60% off all my income I gues yours near the same.

Last edited by A Beatmaker; Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 03:58 AM..

Old
Overpairs - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:09 AM
(#7)
Yeah, I suppose overpairs can make a lot of money potentially but it's mostly vs'ing people that will commit top pair top kicker unless we hit a set of course, then we can breathe a little more easy.
I reckon though that sets probably make up most of our profit in cash games. IMO sometimes overpairs are a leak especially if you get overcommitted.

Here's another bad spot. Having tough spots with our overpairs today- I tried to bet less on flop and turn to rep and lower hand, say Qx or something and try to milk him with the aces but again it goes horribly wrong . Guess today's not my day but what do you guys think of this hand ^?

Thanks for feedback

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:12 AM
(#8)
Tried not to play too tricky with the aces here unlike the KK hand.
KJ and J8 I guess are in his range and Jx is with a heart draw is probably a big part of his range too for semibluffing? Just hurts to think I got rivered or bluffed off .

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:33 AM
(#9)
I would call on turn if he raised smaler (<=POT) now he 4.5x your bet. More likely he wants value here so its best to fold on turn IMHO.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com