Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder Thread

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder Thread - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 08:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 11:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:08 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future.

First Step

Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus.

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 12:47 AM
(#4)
I have completed the Poker Basic Quiz. Let me know anything more that is needed thanks.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 01:03 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 03:57 PM
(#6)
Wow tough quiz, I'm obviously not as good of a player as i thought i was i guess. I studied all the material and only got 73%. But passed it, ready for the next challenge...

Last edited by NoColdDecks; Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 11:13 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Great Job!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and so you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundamentals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and, using the Hand Replayer, post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyse it for you so please post an interesting hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 10:05 AM
(#8)

Well I got crushed on this hand. Don't know what I'm technically supposed to do here. This guy was bluffing like a maniac every hand. And I figured on the flop since I made a call with a strong speculative hand, and hit the flop hard, and he could be raising with TPTK at the most, but most likely a smaller kicker or a draw the way he was playing, that it was solid to raise and go all the way. When I 4Bet on the flop there's really no way I can be drawing thin anyways on the flop but of course he flopped the nuts. Just don't understand what the heck went on here every queen in the deck out on that flop, but I felt I was too committed with a hand of this strength against a donk :/ this is not even an hour in to playing with one the buyins on pokerstars.
Please give feedback and let me know what I should do next.

Last edited by NoColdDecks; Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 03:15 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoColdDecks View Post

Well I got crushed on this hand. Don't know what I'm technically supposed to do here. This guy was bluffing like a maniac every hand. And I figured on the flop since I made a call with a strong speculative hand, and hit the flop hard, and he could be raising with TPTK at the most, but most likely a smaller kicker or a draw the way he was playing, that it was solid to raise and go all the way. When I 4Bet on the flop there's really no way I can be drawing thin anyways on the flop but of course he flopped the nuts. Just don't understand what the heck went on here every queen in the deck out on that flop, but I felt I was too committed with a hand of this strength against a donk :/ this is not even an hour in to playing with one the buyins on pokerstars.
Please give feedback and let me know what I should do next.
Hi NoColdDecks!

The main issue with this hand is your betsizing. Preflop, I strongly suggest making a standard 3bb raise rather than 4bb. This would have made the 3b from the villain considerably smaller which in turn makes it easier for you to consider calling.

Now, you say the villain was a maniac. But, was he calling and playing a ton of hands, or was he raising and reraising often? In other words, how aggressive was he? If he was loose-passive we need to treate his 3b with respect and play cautiously. If is was raising all the time, then we can put him on a much wider range. Either way, since you have position on him, we can call the preflop 3b, but need to proceed with caution. We don't want to lose our stack to AK or AQ for example.

You get a great flop with top pair and a flush draw and an overcard. So you have 14 outs to improve. The villain checked the flop, so you want to bet here as you did. However, your betsize was much too big. We should bet between 50% and 75% of the pot. You overbet the pot considerably. This creates a situation where you get value owned. The most likely outcome is that all the hands you are beating will fold earning you less money when you win. Whereas, only the hands beating you will continue which costs you more when you lose.

When the villain raises you we need to be concerned. This is where a more detailed read would help. If he was raising all the time, then 3b all in as you did should be profitable in the long run. If he rarely raises postflop, then we need to give him credit for a strong hand, either a set or an overpair seem likely. Had you bet smaller, then his raise would have been smaller allowing you to call chasing a flush. Against a passive player taking such an aggressive line, your large bet makes this slighltly unprofitable since you will only make a flush a third of the time.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 09:09 PM
(#10)
Hey we'll see how it goes in the future at the table, but you miss analysed the hand as i had position going into the flop and he donk leads into me, therefore I made a raise because i felt already ahead of his maniac ranges, and raised his bet therefore I never overbet like u said i did. I was obviously committed with a read or not after his 3bet which shows lots of strength but not when he's in a hand necessarily. By maniac I mean he was playing lag preflop, i dont have a hud but he was in 25% of the time and he made plenty of 3bets even OOP with very weak holdings like j5o and won and lost many hands, and I figured he was possibly on tilt because he lost a big pot the cery last hand.

I figured I made a good raise because the way he was playing TPTK was the top top of his range. And I figured 1tabling and not playing for so long in the session, I wouldnt get Cold Decked this bad against top set, and I felt like I was way ahead hence not value owning myself. That's why i raised his donk bet because this bet the way he's playing could have been made with any 2 including air ffs. But i think this was the biggest cooler i ever ran into since playing shortly on the site. It was quite a freak hand.

Also, off topic playing in a freeroll 4 handed at the FT, first hand off break I seen a major cooler again, where I shoved AK from BB against a limp and weak looking raise turned out to be super cool against QQ and JJ. Even if i played the hand out i would have trip aces with top kicker against both players with full houses. So i still cant believe these coolers ive seen so frequently together, but seen sicker as i got 2 royal flushes in NLH within 2 weeks of each other. (not on pokerstars)

Sorry for long post but I'm one to include details.
Could this just perhaps just be the ultimate cooler? I've been seeing uber sick stuff, but the coolers are really no fun it's spoiling my potential.

Last edited by NoColdDecks; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 09:15 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 04:32 PM
(#11)
Down to 1 buyin since ive been getting cold decked a few times pretty harsh ones, even picked up AA all in pre and other guy had AA so we had to chop even tho i was freerolling on turn, But that was the hand i also posted to be analysed the KQs one and i wish he had checked top set cuz i would have checked to induce bluff on turn but he lead out with top set probly liking it with how maniac his image was, was quite sick that hand. But waiting on if JWK wants to give me next buyin plus challenge so i can complete the challenge and run these guys on stars over soon.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:00 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

You've still got one bonus to receive.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

P.S. Get used to the coolers, they'll happen over and over and over.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 09:59 PM
(#13)
I watched Royalraise's training session that was today 06/03/14 at 15:00et so i met the req for the final one. I tried to watch the micro millions one too but i forgot to watch it unfortunately.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 11:56 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Congratulations!

We have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com