Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom 2NL 6-max

Old
Zoom 2NL 6-max - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
The villain here is unknown. His 4x opening UTG looks strong. His flop and turn calls make me think that he has a piece of the board in someway. Possibly a flush draw; there are now 2 flush draws on the turn. But he might be reluctant to fold KK or QQ, which I dominate. JJ makes a set on the river. He could be slow playing TT from the flop, not to mention 99. Diamond draw comes in on river. KQ combinations are there with KQ diamonds being nuts. It seems to me that there are too many good combinations that beat me, that he could make hero call with if I bet the river: Like AT or AJ. On the other hand, this is 2NL, he may be crushing me with 92o...

Can I bet for thin value here, or should I check back? He did play passively post flop.

Last edited by Tonk Shuffle; Tue Feb 11, 2014 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Deffo make a thin value bet but fold to a raise. Something like 50-60

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 08:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
It's very close but against an unknown who takes such a passive postflop line I feel like we can still bet/fold here against some Ax.

As a standard I would 3-bet him preflop, flatting in that position with so many people still to come can be a little problematic.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com