Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 6max Zoom - Turn decision

Old
Question
NL5 6max Zoom - Turn decision - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi guys, I am trying to learn more about a postflop play and I am going thru my hand history with questionable hands. First of all I want to ask what is an optimal percentage of flop cbet in 6max cash games?

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (Button) ($7.84)
SB ($5.07)
BB ($13.83)
UTG ($4.30)
MP ($4.34)
CO ($3.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, K
UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.65) A, 7, 10 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.85) 10 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.10, SB raises $2.20, 1 fold, Hero?

This hand is from NL5 6max Zoom.
SB - VPIP: 83, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 6
UTG - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 1.7, Hands: 34

I have decided to isolate a recreational player preflop and Cbet small on flop. But I think it was a bad idea to cbet, because no one will fold Ax, FD, SD hands and I can get a reraise here.
Am I right here?

10 is a good Turn card and now I am cbeting for value. SB raised my Cbet. Is it ok to just shove here now?

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 09:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi ImStylo,

To address your first question, Cbet percentage I think depends on the stake level we are playing; When we go up in stakes I would think it is safe to assume that the percentage of time we cbet would decrease generally because opponents will play back at us when they are capable to identify what flops are good flops to cbet. At the micros I think anywhere in the 70-ish% is optimal ofcourse we have to take into account position, board texture, and perceived ranges.

Looking at this hand, I think iso-raising here is fine. calling behind is also fine if we have passive players in the bind - our hand plays okay in a MW pot. So either is okay, maybe lean more towards iso-raising not because our hand is specifically a value hand against original limper's range but maybe because we get to win more with initiative if they play fit or fold.

When we cbet this flop we can credibly represent an Ace. We raised preflop and bet flop. Generally, when we are MW I want to cbet with a made hand because I don't want to give a free card to two opponents because they would be drawing to 4 cards instead of 2. However, though the Ace does hit our perceived ranged it also hits the SB's range. An alternative line to take is to check back here because seeing a turn card does not exactly hurt us. A Queen or Jack gives us some outs so I think the flop line depends on your general game plan. As an exercise that I like to do is weigh our options. Write down a list of pros and cons for each line cbetting and checking.

When we get raised OTT especially a min-raise this in my experience looks strong. This could be a hand like 77 or Tx. If they are slow playing 77 then they could be slow playing AT too but less likely. It's a really annoying spot because we could either be way ahead or way behind here but given the SB's stats of 83/17 (and if we have seen them open limp a hand before) then probably they could have alot of worse Tx in their range too.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com