Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 6max Zoom - AA hand

Old
Question
NL5 6max Zoom - AA hand - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($5)
Hero (SB) ($7.69)
BB ($16.12)
UTG ($18.55)
MP ($2.92)
CO ($12.03)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
3 folds, Button raises $0.10, Hero raises $0.33, 1 fold, Button calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 5, K, 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.46, Button raises $0.92, Hero?

This hand is from NL5 6max Zoom.
BU - VPIP: 14, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 166
This is a very sticky situation on flop with an overpair and I want to ask what is the best line to play this AA hand after we get a raise on flop? Should we fold, raise or call OOP?

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 09:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi ImStylo,

I would 3bet to atleast 0.35 or even 0.4; When we are OOP we want to 3bet bigger to make up for our positional disadvantage.

Villain seems to be playing a TAGish style so when they call the 3bet I think its unlikely that they would have KK because they would have 4bet preflop. I think they might 4bet AK sometimes too but they could also call IP. We block the NFD so its not possible for them to be raising with a hand like AsQs. The only hands that I see raise this flop with is AK, KsQs, 88, or a 76s for a loose 3bet call. Against that range we are basically flipping so getting the money in with AA in a 3bet pot seems reasonable to me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com