Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

World Record Tournamnt 2014 ~ Discussion Page

Old
World Record Tournamnt 2014 ~ Discussion Page - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 10:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Want a World Record ?

This is your chance! For a limited time PokerSchoolOnline is giving all members an opportunity for a free entry to the 2014 World Record Attempt tournament on PokerStars. This special tourney has a buy-in of just $1 and takes place at 13:00 ET on February 23.

Play for a share of $300,000 including $25,000 for the winner! Increase your chances by taking advantage of our MTT Course and MTT trainings to improve your tournament play.

World Record Tourney 2014

> > REGISTER < <

Find the tournament in the PokerStars client with the tournament ID #861705905

Here's our Top Tips for playing large low buy-in or freeroll tournaments :

1) Tight is right! There is nothing or little to lose in freeroll and low buy-in tournaments, which is why a lot of players go nuts. They invest too many chips into vulnerable hands. Play the opposite - play only strong hands like Ace-King or Jacks and you already have an advantage.

2) Raise high preflop! When you decide to play a hand, raise a big amount to get maximum value. Don't be afraid of raising 10 times the Big Blind to enter a pot. Especially in the early stages of a freeroll, you will get at least one caller most of the time.

3) Play straight! When you hit something good on the flop, turn or river - like top pair with top kicker - bet big. In a freeroll or low buy-in tourney, a lot of players check more often than they bet. Don't try to get tricky with slowplaying.

4) Don't bluff! When many opponents are loose, it's not a good idea to bluff. Be patient, wait for valuable hands and let the others pay you off.

5) Play aggressively on the bubble! Most opponents in these kind of tourneys play passively - especially when there are only a few places left until the money. Use it for your advantage and play aggressively.

Get involved!

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Tue Feb 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
i want 1/230,000th of a world record and a lolzy hyper thatll probably make stars lag

im in luck

ps. why are there 2 discussion threads

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 10:43 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks PSO for the free ticket.

Now just have to take it down and buy my world record holder certificate.

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
How long does it take to get credited with the ticket?

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:31 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
How long does it take to get credited with the ticket?
Got mine in within an hour. But there are limited tickets / time to click the button.

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 06:58 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
hehe

Pressed it! Although the page won't let me press the button more than once, the way you can keep pressing an elevator button until it arrives at your floor

It says 'already registered', but I'm not showing as being registered in the tourney. 8hrs and counting - maybe the tickets are all gone already?

If so, thank you PSO for making some tickets available to us at such a nice price - will have to be faster next time !

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 07:09 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Oh wait ... got the ticket, got the ticket!!

ty ty PSO for the lovely gift!! Going to register right now

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 07:58 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
thanks for the ticket pso ...should be challenging lol

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 08:27 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2014
Thank you pso for the free ticket

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 02:42 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
cheers gl alls in all

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 09:51 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2013
cheers for the free tix

If I go all in 300 times and win every pot, I can win this one.

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:35 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Still waiting for a comment from the person that took up the invitation to deposit to get a ticket before these were made available.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com