Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 ZOOM Double barel bluuf 3beted pot

Old
NL5 ZOOM Double barel bluuf 3beted pot - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 10:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

Vilain uknown. First bet standart I gues Decided to duoble barel because i had 10 outs (A,Q,3) But now thinking what turn card to small like over what could he fold here? maybe it were beter to let it go...

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi beat,

Preflop flatting or 3betting is ok vs a button open with no reads, although we may do better by flatting and keeping his steals in, where a 3b just folds out so many worse hands that we dominate and isolates us against the stronger parts of his range.

I 3b this spot more with reads, such as:

-villain is opening button wide, and calls 3b's frequently (he'll continue with worse, dominated hands)

-villian is opening too liberally, abusing his button (I will 3b light a lot to punish this, so I need more value type hands in my 3b range for balance and AQ slips into this mold now).

-Villain is fishy and the BB is a strong player (I want to isolate and get the BB out... if it were the other way around and the BB were the fishy player, now we would rather flat and invite the BB in).

Post flop I think this is 1 and done personally, this turn card will not dissuade him from calling again with all his pairs that continued. If he's a habitual floater then c/c, if not then c/f to a reasonable bet (we don't have the read so c/f to a reasonable bet)

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com