Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL FR - KK multiway facing heavy action

Old
5NL FR - KK multiway facing heavy action - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

I have under 10 hands on each villain so consider them unknowns.

This was a gross spot I thought. I ruled out flatting since the pot was already huge and I had less than a pot size bet. I was either jamming or folding. I know I'm gonna lose the pot more often than not if I jam, but can the pot odds make it profitable?

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
With such heavy action on FR, 4handed, I'd say you are looking at pocket AA / pocket QQ , hands with a A-high flushdraw and a made nutflush. All those beat you. I would find an other spot and fold here.

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 12:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd just shove.

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 05:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi simon,

After we 4b and get 2 callers, the resulting stack to pot ratio is so small (SPR=1) that our commitment plan should be to commit on basically any non-ace flop imo. Or maybe a small handful of others like QJ9 where V2 open shoves and V7 calls him.

As far as non K containing flops go, this one is pretty good too. Yes we can be up against AA (that didn't 5-bet pre?) or QQ (more plausible but less combos). The only hands destroying us are AdAx and AdXd, but these should be fairly rare in villains ranges, especially since we block AdKd. We have 11 outs vs. QQ or AA without a diamond. Then there are hands that, because the pot is so large, should commit and/or will be willing to take a shot at it, which we are in great shape against. Those include: The other 2 K's, AQ both with or without a diamond, AKo with the Ad, and maybe JdJx.

If we did not hold the Kd I think we are in a very tough spot on such a low SPR here, but with the Kd it's not really close, imo folding will be a not too insignificant error, and would simply move all in.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com