Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Fastest way to +150 VIP ?

Old
Default
Fastest way to +150 VIP ? - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 04:32 PM
(#1)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Hi,
I like to get a +150 VPP monthly. Is Rush poker the fastest best way. I have a limited bankroll so the most cost efficient way.

Last edited by CR4ZYCANUCK; Tue Feb 11, 2014 at 05:58 PM..
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 04:56 PM
(#2)
Quaquaversal's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 57
I heard Omaha Hi/Lo is ( or was? ) a good way to get VPPs, should try it out
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 05:07 PM
(#3)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
Fastest way is to play the Super Tuesday I think.

One tournament and you are done.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:07 PM
(#4)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaquaversal View Post
I heard Omaha Hi/Lo is ( or was? ) a good way to get VPPs, should try it out
Thanks for the fast reply Quaquaversal. I will try the omaha hi/lo to see if it works better per $1 the Rush poker.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:20 PM
(#5)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Fastest way is to play the Super Tuesday I think.

One tournament and you are done.
I not sure if you are just trolling but will answer anyway. I wish I could afford to play in $1100 tournaments but sadly I can not so looking for the most efficient.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:30 PM
(#6)
spand42's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,496
Why do you want to get 150 VPPs?
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#7)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Why do you want to get 150 VPPs?
Well after I took this poker school course I made the top 100 in the open poker school freeroll but did not have the +20 needed to get the bonus. Now I am in the Premier League with +20 but need +150 for the 10x bonus and sitting in 10th place after scores update today.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#8)
HAPPYSAP's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 458
Hi canuck, you have the month to get 150 vpps. The bonus your on now stays as is for this month. GL in prem this month. HAPPY
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:06 PM
(#9)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
Hi canuck, you have the month to get 150 vpps. The bonus your on now stays as is for this month. GL in prem this month. HAPPY
Thanks Happy,
I am having a lot of fun since taking the pokerstars courses. I use to get knocked out early all the time but now do ok most games and am eyeing the top spots. I will be happy with the $500 (lol) if I won, but trying to make sure I will be playing for the $5000 next month.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 09:23 PM
(#10)
TarekGG's Avatar
Since: May 2012
Posts: 157
I'd recommend cash games. Because you only play good hands and play close to ABC, or actually you do at the lowest limits. So just start with a few tables and start adding tables when it gets easier. That's my opinion, however since the leagues are tournaments you might be more used to them, then I'd recommend grinding turbo sngs
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:20 PM
(#11)
CR4ZYCANUCK's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekGG View Post
I'd recommend cash games. Because you only play good hands and play close to ABC, or actually you do at the lowest limits. So just start with a few tables and start adding tables when it gets easier. That's my opinion, however since the leagues are tournaments you might be more used to them, then I'd recommend grinding turbo sngs
Thanks, very helpful info. I think I try some sng turbos for a couple days and see how it goes.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 01:19 AM
(#12)
TarekGG's Avatar
Since: May 2012
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4ZYCANUCK View Post
Thanks, very helpful info. I think I try some sng turbos for a couple days and see how it goes.
Just wanted to add. If you play inside your bankroll then you might, if you are a good player, make some profit. And if this happens, you can build a stronger bankroll and play higher to make VPPs faster. Good luck, I'm still grinding .50 45/90/180man turbos.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com