Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Okay so this sums up every cash game I had here so far

Old
Okay so this sums up every cash game I had here so far - Tue Feb 11, 2014, 05:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...182_E2C42B5497
I could've checked the river and called (hardly imagine that)
I could've bet, he would've raise we end up all in anyways.
Not to whine again here on forums, but everytime running into quads,straight flushes, higher fullhouses/straights/flushes/sets is just ****ing hard to deal with. And I like the game itself, but I think I qualify for guiness world record of bad luck. And I would lose even that, because I have really bad luck.

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to beat up on you and I'll accept that you were a bit unlucky.

However in poker, luck evens itself out and you should try to improve what you can control - i.e. how you played your hand.

If you choose to slowplay like you did, you have to accept that sometimes it's going to backfire and your opponent will overtake you. When your opponent is raising you at every opportunity, there's no need to slowplay, just keep raising and try get it in on the flop! If he's got KThh or T8hh, then you just have to congratulate him.

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 09:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
you went in with a weak ace, he had 7 outs after the flop and 10 after the turn, he is not going anywhere.

Last edited by myself000000; Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 03:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
I know exactly how you feel.

I have times when I get a massive sinking feeling to see I am well ahead on the flop but I just know what the turn and river card will be.

I can get it in with top 2 and just know that he is going to get runner runner for a straight or a flush or I will call his shove with my AA well ahead of his middle pocket pair only for the river to give him his set.
When I am short stacked in a tourney and get it all in with my AK for him to flip over KJ only to hit a Jack on the flop.I lose so many more hands than I win when I have a dominating hand its unreal.

It happens far far to often especially the last one. Just makes me sick.

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 03:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Don't slow play, just don't do it, its pointless at the micros.

You kept the pot small when you knew you were ahead there, then overbet when the board paired, meaning you could be behind. If you are 'running bad' then its probably lines like this that are doing it.

When you have the nuts, just bet/bet/bet/bet/bet and bet again. You don't need to balance ranges, merge them or do anything complicated at the micros. People fold too much and they call too much at the micros. If they have nothing, you are winning a small pot, take it. If they have hit top pair on a monotone flop, they will call you, just bet and bet a decent size.

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:14 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Don't slow play, just don't do it, its pointless at the micros.

You kept the pot small when you knew you were ahead there, then overbet when the board paired, meaning you could be behind. If you are 'running bad' then its probably lines like this that are doing it.

When you have the nuts, just bet/bet/bet/bet/bet and bet again. You don't need to balance ranges, merge them or do anything complicated at the micros. People fold too much and they call too much at the micros. If they have nothing, you are winning a small pot, take it. If they have hit top pair on a monotone flop, they will call you, just bet and bet a decent size.
What I was thinking at that time to get that 4th heart on the table, because person who I played against kept overplaying cards like QK KJ etc. So I thought if he hits king high flush he would be trapped on the turn. On the river I knew full house is possible, but I guess that was snap shove -,- Also his small bets/re-raises put me off big time as well as he woke up with QQ in his hand. Actually now that I'm not steaming I see a lot of things I could've did differently there.
This was kinda fail slowplay, but still it's frustrating not to mention I usually get my money in as a favorite and I get stomped T_T

Last edited by herrpderrp; Thu Feb 13, 2014 at 08:17 AM..

Old
dead set - Thu Feb 20, 2014, 09:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2012
im with you its an absolute joke im never depositing again and just gonna play live pub poker.ive been playing for years trying to improve my game and i have greatly but the ammount of bad beats and stupid plays that pay off are incredible.the downswings far outweigh the upswings. this morning ive been dealt AA 5 times in 100 hands only held up 1 time for 77c the rest lost me about $6 the most anoying flop came q44 guess what some 1 had a 4 in a 3bet pot.in the same sesion jj qq kk lost for me!people will try tell you its variance when you lose like this but it seems to me its variance when you win.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 10:52 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
So don't deposit, build a BR from free rolls. It's been done before, and you appreciate the money so much more when you had to work hard to get it. Bad beats happen, if you can't handle them you might as well give up now.

Old
Range - Sun Mar 02, 2014, 05:44 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2014
In this spot you should definitely bet the flop and turn large after putting him on the range of a big pocket pair pre flop from the 4 bet, this way if he is a poor player is is likely to get allot of money in bad with a set on a 4 card flush out there. However when the river pairs the board given his range i think a check call is the best way to minimize your losses instead of shipping it for value as even if he has a msall flush he is unlikely to call such a big river bet and your only ever going to get called by a full house.

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 09:34 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
A-3 IS A-3.....If you hit your Ace on the flop you have a 3 for a kicker, If you hit the 3 pretty much every card is going to be an over card. A fold pre flop is what should have happened.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com