Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom - River decision

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom - River decision - Wed Feb 12, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Unknown villain.

I'm just really unsure of the line this villain took and if this could be a bluff. This session I had already called off, in two spots, massive river bets that made no sense and both time my monster had been sucked out on. This spot is obviously a lot thinner so I folded but I couldn't really put the villain on a hand that made much sense except maybe a slow played set on the flop?

All thoughts appreciated

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 02:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Fadyen,

first off I'd usually prefer squeezeing pre over flatting, especially if one or more of the two villains involved are recreational players. Calling is fine ofc.

I would also bet/fold the river as I expect weaker aces to almost always just call. That leaves us with better hands and maybe bluffs, but given that the only real draws that busted might be a hand like QT or KT I don't see villain holding a lot of hands he would need to bluff with. Also given that it was a multiway pot and villain didn't stab earlier when he had the chance I would pretty much rule out a lot of bluffs here.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Thanks Felix, makes a lot of sense

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com