Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom barreling question

Old
5nl zoom barreling question - Thu Feb 13, 2014, 01:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain unknown
So we can probably get the villain off Jx, flush draws and gut shots and getting called only by Ax, or is it too optimistic?
Is barreling here the best option and what do otr if it isn't?

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 04:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Generally I don't think firing multiple barrel bluffs should be a big part of your strategy at 5NL.

There are two problems I see with firing multiple barrels here. You've got an unknown villain, so you've got no idea if he never folds or folds too much. Also he's calling your early position raise from the Small Blind, so he's likely got a stronger range than usual. Also this is a semi-wet flop, with a lot of cards that will have hit villain's calling range.

Having said that this flop also hits your range pretty hard and I like firing once and then giving up unless you spike your T. With this blank turn card, I don't see villain folding too often to another barrel, you'd likely have to be willing to fire three barrels to try and win the pot.

I'd just take the free river and give up if unimproved.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com