Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

8.80 zoom turbo- jj multi way

Old
8.80 zoom turbo- jj multi way - Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
no stats as its zoom, got jj in the blinds facing multiway action with other big stacks.

i had the option to 3 bet but decided to pot control pre flop as i have a big stack, others in the pot have good stacks so didnt want to play a big pot out of position. Should i 3 bet?

on the flop is this a bad fold?

should i at least be calling one street?

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 09:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello
I think you played it good. Flatting JJ and when this kind of action on flop have to fold. You aint happy to get it in since mostly you getting it in against set or flush draw or even both. So if there is flush draw there is pretty good chance its with over cards so pretty much any scenario you getting it in or calling you wont be happy.
Since there is no stats on Villains i think 3betting would get you many times in awkward spots. But if i would 3bet here id make it about 2000 and when Villain6 is 4bet shoving you have to call. If Villain 7 or Villain 9 shoves you pretty much have to fold what means you have turned 4th best starting hand in to a bluff what is kinda bad thing to do and that is why i like as you played
Well played.

bungakat

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Post flop is completely fine.

Pre is debatable.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 08:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi 666bbonez187

I think your option to call rather than 3 bet is fine however I think 3betting has it's merits too but I would also just call for the reasons you already stated. I think calling with jacks in this spot is optimal if we don't have any reads.

Post flop is fine too imo. We can disregard player sixes hand but we can't disregard players 7's raise and player 9's call. If we decide to call the flop we're more often than not going to be faced with another bet on the turn which would be a difficult spot that I think we should fold more often than not depending on player styles etc.

Also, the flop isn't as good for us as it may look. There are some Ax hands that still have a lot of equity against us and there are of course small pairs/sets/ fives and sixes won't be going anywhere in a hurry, so if we're not already behind on the flop it's quite likely we're going to be behind on the forthcoming streets.

If this situation arose in a standard MTT then I think we can play the hand more aggressively but in a zoom mtt where the majority of guys are playing tight then I think we should be playing this hand on the safe side.

Nice hand, Chris.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 04:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
thx for the feedback all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com