Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Kk 2nl

Old
Kk 2nl - Thu Feb 13, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Should I have seen this coming? Should I have called the very large check raise?
I put the V on something like A10, K10, Q10. Never thought he would show what he did
My reads are 56/0 over 23 hands

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
As xFlixx often says, big rivershoves on the micro's (2NL, 5NL, 10NL) are never bluffs...

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
The more I think about this hand the more I know it’s a fold

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 03:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi michae2005,

Preflop is great. The villain min-bet on the flop is usually a weak hand. They try to bet small hoping to see the next street cheaply. I like your raise and the sizing. Turn looks good as well, again nice bet size.

On the river you lead out again presumably for value against this calling station and now he finally wakes up and makes a big raise. I agree with rkleefstra, this is rarely a bluff. Unless you have notes documenting that the villain does this with weak hands or garbage, then I would fold. A single pair hand just isn't strong enough to call with here. The villain may be slowplaying a set, a straight, AA or 2p. We just wont be ahead often enough to call with "just a pair".

Make sure to note this villain's play oop with 95o. You should be able to win your money back from him in no time

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com