Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

rivered again

Old
rivered again - Thu Feb 13, 2014, 06:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

I think my call pre-flop is little troublesome... but I sometime call 3bets with pocket pairs in hope to hit set and win big... what about post flop? whenever I get to the river I lose ;(

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
yup 13% chance seems to be good enough to many times lately..

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 02:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi pekmansick

Preflop I would suggest folding 55 to the 3b. The villain has position on you which is going to make it hard to play and hard to get paid if you do hit a set. Moreover, this isn't a late position leveling war. I think we need to give the villain credit for having a decent hand. You are not deep enough either to make this the best setmining spot, especially facing a rather large 3b. I prefer to 4b for value or fold when facing a 3b oop unless there are other overriding factors. We might have exploitable reads on the villain (none given here). Very deep stacks etc.

As played, you flop bottom set on a wet board that should. Checking the flop can be fine if we expect the villain to c-bet, but I would raise rather than call. Raising is both for value and for protection. It is better to raise the flop while we are likely ahead instead of raising this dangerous turn where straights just got there. There are still enough JJ, QQ and AK hands in the villain's range though that I getting all in on the turn with your stacksize is fine.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com