Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

shouldn't this have been a split pot considering the king was there as high kicker

Old
shouldn't this have been a split pot considering the king was there as high kicker - Thu Feb 13, 2014, 07:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...658_AEBD45BE71 shouldn't this have been a split pot considering the king was there as high kicker?? it really hurt me lol 90 left out of 25k players

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

This is not a split pot. The opp had AAAK6 while your hand is AAAK5. The 6 outkicks the 5, so they win.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2009
For the king to play as a kicker for a split there would also have needed to be another card higher than both the villains 6 and your 5 on the board.
The relevant showdown hands in this instance were:
hero: AAAK5
Villain:AAAK6

If either the 2 or 3 had been a 7 for example then you would have both played the K and 7 for AAAK7 then it would have been a split.

edit: Ninja'd by John :P

Last edited by stix144; Thu Feb 13, 2014 at 08:11 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
ah well thanks for that boys was so close to sunday million ticket :P but i suppose 92nd out of 25000 is still a good achievement even though that hand suckered me

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com