Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 ZOOM Exploiting folder to 3bet

Old
NL5 ZOOM Exploiting folder to 3bet - Fri Feb 14, 2014, 02:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

More than general question but have an example. Maybe Vilain to loose compairing on average Reg at NL5 but lets look. Villain 26/21/8 (AF 3,6) 600 Hands Fold to 3-bet 81% Steel percentage 43%. So its auto profit to 3-bet him ATC 1.95 BB/Per hand. But what my default post flop plan should be. What to do if he calls i guess its OK to just X-FOLD on any board because I already made my money and his non folding range very narrow overall would be something like 4% (TT+ AK) in BT wider like 8% ( Something like TT+ Suited Broadways AJo+) So here he hardly folds more than 40% of times I guess my C-Bet would be something like break even. So to decrease variance i just checking. And it Zoom we don't meed very often he cant collect very many "vs Hero" data. Or I missed something? ohh yes 4Bet 10% of his opening range so it would be something like QQ+ AK overall . If we eliminate these hands from his caling range then i should bet if I missed the board? But if he decided to float allest with few bacdor or A high combos its 0 or even -EV.

Last edited by A Beatmaker; Fri Feb 14, 2014 at 02:38 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 04:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Your 3b is too small.

I also don't like 3betting such trash. At least 3b something playable like 75s or QJo.

As played i'd still 3b that board to protect our hand and because we have so much fold equity.

Even if we are called we can turn a deceptive 2 pair or trips.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 06:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Beatmaker,

Here's a blog post I've written on 3betting light, I think it would shed some light and answer your questions: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...ief-of-thieves

Regarding this hand, I would actually just fold. We really don't want to be 3betting with trash because the times that we get called it would be nice to be able to see a flop with some equity Also size wise when we are OOP I want to 3bet larger (3x+1bb) to make up for our positional disadvantage and get more folds.

In this spot, I think we have missed a cbet here. I don't expect our pair of 4 to have much SD value and even against overcards that have missed we are vulnerable to get outdrawn. So I think cbetting this flop should show a decent amount of profit when the villain folds.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com