Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL zoom 6max. 2nd pair facing river bet.

Old
25NL zoom 6max. 2nd pair facing river bet. - Fri Feb 14, 2014, 07:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014

12/12/0 over 17 hands... Should I be 3B/folding against his stack?

Although it's a small pots but it occur frequent enough to warrant some thoughts on such situation. Should I be calling most of the time here?

Does he have more value range or bluff range here?

Last edited by MaTaKazer; Fri Feb 14, 2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 10:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Given that most people barrel their draws again on the turn he will probably only get to the river with a couple of airballs and check back most of his showdownable hands. Therefore in general I wouldn't be calling here with my weaker Qx hands. There will be stronger ones and plenty of Ax which you can play the same way so bluffing shouldn't be too profitable for villain here.

If you suspect him to be a typical shortstack you can 3-bet pre but calling for the price you're given closing the action I feel is more favorable with a hand that can flop so well and is rather dominated by the hands that continue against a 3-bet.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com