Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom fold AA on A river

Old
2NL Zoom fold AA on A river - Fri Feb 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hey guys, played this hand today in a 2NL Zoom session, didn't have any reads on the villain from previous hands.

I'm not really sure about my turn play, think the river fold was correct but would like to hear some input from others.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 10:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Nasty spot. Think you played it alright

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 04:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played this hand very well.

The turn is a nasty card for you, but I think your hand is too strong to check/give up. Check-calling is also undesirable on such a wet board, so I think continuing to bet for value against draws your opponent picked up is fine.

On the river there are so many hands that beat you, any Jx, any club. If he made a tiny river bet, I suppose you could call but he's made the river bet so huge that you are not going to be ahead often enough to make a profitable call, therefore I like the check intending to give up.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 08:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
What about the theorem I can't remember what it is called. If a 4th suit comes and you are first to act go out and bet it. Villain will only call if he does have the club.

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 09:01 PM
(#5)
Found it clarkmeister's theorem

Old
Fri Feb 14, 2014, 09:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
Sounds like a pretty bad theorem as if you have equity but no club, when you bet you are only going to get called by a club and lose money so really you should only do it as bluff when you check your hand and take it to showdown and sometimes win.

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 07:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2012
this theorem is not applicable here

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 11:58 AM
(#8)
Yes I know I re-read it. Only applicable if you haven't got a hand with showdown value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com