Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 SH - facing minreraise on turn with overpair

Old
NL10 SH - facing minreraise on turn with overpair - Fri Feb 14, 2014, 08:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $25.89 (258.9 bb)
Hero (CO): $10.63 (106.3 bb)
BTN: $7.95 (79.5 bb)
SB: $10 (100 bb)
BB: $4.27 (42.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 7 2 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $2, Hero calls $1

River: ($5.75) A (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

Results:
Click to show hidden text

This was badly played by me. Villain is fish, vpip 100 over 26 hands. Is this a fold on the turn, or call/cf river? I felt I should have fold turn, big problem of mine is I'm pretty undisciplined lol.

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 12:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi pockettones

The raise on the turn looks strong and a lot of straights just got there. I would only call if I know the villain is capable of bluffing to push me off the pot. One thing to keep an eye on with players with high vpip is their aggressivenes. Many are loose-passive who only make aggressive moves when they have a strong hand. Against a loose passive villain I would normally fold the turn. Here against an apparent fish and no other read, calling the turn might be ok since you are getting good odds to call. The problem with calling the turn though is if we expect a new bet on the river. Even if a Q comes, we won't know if we are ahead or not. Here the river is a fold, especially with the ace.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com