Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

A2s vs Q10o flush draw possibility 3.30$ 4k. gtd

Old
A2s vs Q10o flush draw possibility 3.30$ 4k. gtd - Sat Feb 15, 2014, 04:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
hello, i had this hand few days ago. and this hand is in my mind for a while. i am wondering, did i play good or this hand i played to agressive and (fishy) i think my play was very bad.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=FC876A6C61

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 02:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tommy nolimt!

When playing from the SB and facing a raise, due to the positional disadvantage that this carries, I only want to be playing much better than average hands (ones that I can 3-bet with). A2s is nowhere near strong enough to re-raise with, so I need to muck preflop. Calling raises OOP with weak hands will leak off a very large amount of chips over time. Just because I have an A or suited cards doesn't mean that the hand is strong enough to play.

Due to this, the best decision that I can make is to muck preflop.
------
If I did see the flop, since I'm out of position and I don't have the lead in the hand, I need to lead this flop with a standard value bet. With 3 opps in the hand, this is a 3/4 pot bet. With a check, then a bet and a raise in front of me, I definitely do not want to re-raise the flop. Also, if I bet and get raised, I also need to let the hand go.

The best line that I can take is to lead the flop, then fold to a raise and if called, I do not want to put another chip into the pot unless I get a heart or A and need to fold to any bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com