Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL AKo UTG

Old
2NL AKo UTG - Sat Feb 15, 2014, 07:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
ChromeStar
Played some 2NL hands this week, usually I play tournaments, but I want to switch to cash game during week days.
I selected this hand for review:

HUD stats:
Villain_1 (19 hands)
VPIP 11 / PFR 6 / 3Bet 0
Villain_3 (63)
VPIP 27 / PFR 19 / 3Bet 0
Villain_5 unknown
Villain_7 unknown
Hero (92)
VPIP 14 / PFR 8 / 3Bet 3

Not so happy to play with 4 villains, but I could not ask for a better flop.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 11:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
your betsizing is a bit small Preflop and on the flop and way to small on the turn, you want to get more value here. Furthermore I think you can even put a half pot value bet out on the river on this board runout. You can still get called by a lot of worse Ax and the turn and river should not have helped the vilains hands often.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 01:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dark,

I too like a bit bigger sizing on the flop bet, but tbh I think we should slow down on the turn. Our hand is not that strong for a 5 way pot. I think bet/folding the flop in general is right here, but we bet and got called in 3 spots. That's a problem. The board is very dry, offering only gut shots to draw at. And there are only 4 aces in the deck, 2 of which are accounted for in our hand and on the board, so there's 2 aces left looming and 3 villains continuing. They all can't have a worse ace... so what do they have? At this point we have to do some praying... hoping they have 2 worse aces and a gut shot between them, and that they all don't improve. I hope you can see where this isn't the most exciting proposition, and that's our best case scenario. At worst, we are in big trouble vs. AT/A6/A3, and drawing dead vs. TT and 66. So I would prefer to check the turn and re-evaluate... quite happy to fold if heavy action comes back to us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com