Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl set on turn

Old
10nl set on turn - Sat Feb 15, 2014, 12:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

What is the best play on turn and river.
I felt like I was beat on the turn by a slow played flopped set. What else would 2bet the turn and then bet the river?

I still called even though I was thinking this way. I think I need therapy lol

Villain is 12/12/5 but only over 55 hands.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 01:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi tony,

I would probably call turn, check/call river here as well. The line does look strong, so being concerned about a bigger set is warranted, but we can't rule out KJ, AcQc, or a weirdly played AA/AK either.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 04:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
It screamed KJ to me also but I was thinking at the time that was the only hand I was beating that would play it this way.

I was amazed when villain turned over 64 hearts.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 04:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 04:20 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com