Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KQo wet board

Old
KQo wet board - Sat Feb 15, 2014, 05:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Is this hand well played? Is it possible he could be leading turn with a set? Can I turn my hand into a bluff on the river?

Villain 30/20 114 hands

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 08:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
I think your bet sizing pre-flop is fine; I tend to make it around from the cut-off or btn, but 2. is fine. I like the bet on the flop, as you have top pair and a gut shot. I think I may have still called the bet on the turn, but folded on the river - both as you did. My thinking is that he either had a flush or a set. I think you played it fine.

Edit : as mentioned below, do not bluff at these stakes. I will add (though I don't think it will much difference in relation to this hand), that you might like to increase the bet size a little more on the flop...say around to two thirds / seventy percent.

Last edited by Shodan388; Sat Feb 15, 2014 at 10:15 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 15, 2014, 09:09 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Looks like short handed regular table 2c/5c 6max with villain in the bb. Thinking wider ranges here. Nothing you can do apart from - don't turn your hand into a bluff in this spot.

You raise pre and get called, cbet called again. Then villain donks to a 2 flush board and you may be beat on flop. These stakes are trap happy (we may raise flop set, or sometimes a semi-bluff) but here we get a message on the turn.

The only thing I may do is raise the turn bet. But that may be throwing good money after bad - and still get called. Then face a horrible barrel card on the river.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 01:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
If you were to turn a hand into a bluff KQ with a diamond would be a pretty good candidate to do so. We have blockers to a straight and the nut flush.

Maybe at higher limits this would be more effective, where villains would bet/fold straights and two pairs.

At 5nl I think you don't have enough fold equity.

Don't call river. It'd be a losing call.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 04:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi eaSy,

Play seems fine to me. He's showing decent strength, but maybe a spade draw as well (but the nut spade draw gets there too with the ace).

Please don't ever turn this into a bluff at 5NL... we would be targeting at worst AsXs to fold and trying to get players off top pair+ at these stakes is lighting money on fire.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com