Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Way to much Omaha

Old
Way to much Omaha - Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:04 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I am worried that we are starting to have WAY to MANY omaha games on the site. All the lessons are for NLHE. All the big money tourneys areNLHE I joined this site to play NLHE and it is starting to turn into Omaha central. Take tonight for example, There is not one game other then the freerolls or 'for fun WPO' oh wait there is the $20 Buy-In what is that crap?? Lets at least have one $50 game per night at the least. What am i supposed to do get a life?

Thief 21

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:12 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I disagree. Not enough Omaha - too much no limit.

Hazy

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:30 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
One more thing. Why do the Omaha results count as qualifying measures for promotions that are NLHE. I.E. The Big One II, WSOP if we are trying to win positions and sponsorsip points for NLHE then DO NOT COUNT OMAHA as part of the criteria for these.

Thief 21

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:41 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
To qualify for the Big One II you must place in the top 30 in a NO LIMIT tourney.

Sponsorship points can be used in any type of tourney, it is not limited to Hold Em.

Hazy

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:49 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I agree with Hazy NOT ENOUGH OMAHA! TOO MANY NLHE! :?
MORE OMAHA PLEASE!

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 07:56 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
All the lessons are for NLHE
Really? Care to point them out to me? Thanks.

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 08:19 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Guys don't get me wrong, If members want omaha give it to them but don't reduce the holdem is what i'm saying there should be no dead time on the server where there r no tourn's to play its a computer program not a store that needs employees to be open.

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 08:25 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Thief - look at the schedule. Hold Em outnumbers Omaha at least 2 to 1 (probably more) in terms of number of tourneys available.

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 11:03 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
I couldn't agree with you more Thief. Where I come from we play very little, if any Omaha. I hate the game and think we are going in the wrong direction with it here at PSO. Keep Omaha out of our lives. Maybe when I'm 60 I'll learn to appreciate the game. Until then, I'd rather play Pinnocle.

Later, Bdog```

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 12:48 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HA!

(oh wait, you mean this wasn't a joke?)

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 12:53 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
IMO The ratio Omaha to NLHE is Fine...but there should be at least 1
$50 or greater NLHE between 7-10pm.... we will need all the practice we can get.

Tony D

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 02:41 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
No Tony - you need all the practice you can get.

Old
More Omaha/Introduce Pineapple - Thu Dec 05, 2002, 12:03 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
1st Truth: there can't be too much Omaha.

2nd Truth: if you don't like Omaha, simply ignore it!

3rd Truth: time to introduce Pineapple!

4th Truth: now that Stud & S/8 are being introduced, what about an occasional HOSE or HORSE tournament??

Lastly, I simply don't understand tha attitude of those complaining about "too much of one game or the other." That's like saying, "if it's not MY church, it's OK to burn it down!"

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 02:42 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you dirty RAT!!!!!!!!! don't get me started!!!!!!!!
the nerve of this guy!!!!! we Omaha players have to suffer thru Wednesday and Thursday with hardly an Omaha hi/lo game to be found. Play hold 'em everyday Thief, they have it everyday!! but don't you DARE try to limit our beloved Omaha games.

and i agree with blind bat, PINEAPPLE, WE WANT PINEAPPLE, and more Omaha hi/lo!!!!!!

Shadrak
Time is the fire we all burn in

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 03:13 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Well if we're gonna bring all these new poker games into the school, what about some of these games; Mexican Sweat, Pass the Bitc h, Guts (my personal fav), Spit in the Ocean, The Wild Widow, or Shotgun. Lets' just totally saturate the sight with card games and change the name to "Card School".

just a thought :roll: late, Bdog```

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 04:58 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
I am not trying to have Omaha taken away from you guys. I am more along the lines of what Tony said[IMO The ratio Omaha to NLHE is Fine...but there should be at least 1
$50 or greater NLHE between 7-10pm.... we will need all the practice we can get.
] that is my point.

Thief 21[/quote]

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 02:04 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
7-10 where uk, aus, europe, pst,est , the moon why not every 2nd tourny be a 50$ NLHE to make sure no one is missed out.

WTF

where does 50$ come from? there are round the clock 30$ single table sats NLHE

i think as long as there is the option of NLHE be it a freeroll or 200$ event which everyone (with the bankroll ) can play in then there is no problem with the amount of NLHE in the school as the school bases its sponsorship on % not bankroll a freeroll is the same as a 50$ buy in.

there is not enough choices throughout the week for omaha players and i say that as a NLHE player .

Old
I say too much NLHE - Fri Dec 06, 2002, 03:22 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
While I enjoy the game, I feel that there should be more balance between limit and no limit. I also think there should be more Omaha. (preferably of the hi/lo variety since I'm so bad at the other) I would agree with the poster regarding the round the clock no limit sats. If that is the only game you want to play, it is always there.

In regard to hybrid games like pineapple, I think the game would be fun to play as a diversion. However, the stated goal of this site is to produce succesful tourney players. Until a game becomes an accepted tournament game, there is really no reason to offer it here.

I would love to see a H.O.S.E. tournament or two every weekend!

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 03:49 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
at the WSOP the BIG event is holdem

there are, however, other tournaments, including omaha

and I would be lucky to get to play in ANY of them

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 05:06 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
limit holdem tournaments are a waste of space. Leave the limit holdem to the ring games.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com