Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl Deep - Tricky spot with OP

Old
25nl Deep - Tricky spot with OP - Sun Feb 16, 2014, 01:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats

VPIP: 26, PFR: 20, 3B: 9, AF: 2.7, Hands: 1198

Tricky spot. Think I should have folded OTT in retrospect.

Given all his two pair combos are counterfeited, can I call the river?

I think we are a dog vs his range

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 02:22 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Looks like a regular 6max table and the villain is in position flat calling a 4bet pre flop? Also you are deep with what? - maybe stacks off effective 200bb deep?

I can't range that unless AKs or QQ are in the ball park. Now thinking 4bet set mining 99, or high suited broad-ways?

No experience playing at a potential bluff stakes, but pre what range could that be? The stats look ok/solid+ tag pre flop 6max and maybe a bit more aggressive post flop (I'm guessing on the numbers listening in live training).

Sorry I can't help, just pre taking a 4bet pot in position AA/KK sick if you have the same hand?

Joke in live training GK folds AA pre.

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 03:56 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Looks like a regular 6max table and the villain is in position flat calling a 4bet pre flop? Also you are deep with what? - maybe stacks off effective 200bb deep?
We 3b and he called?

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 04:11 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Ooops yes miss read the empty seat. Thought 25c was a raise but it's your bb. Shows I don't play well.
Sorry

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: 25c bad

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 07:37 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
His valuerange will be sets and 45s and it's kind of odd for him to be raising a turncard like this as a bluff unless he is turning sth. like 4x/5x or any other pair into a bluff. If you don't think the average 25NL deep reg is capable of doing so I'd fold turn.

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
His valuerange will be sets and 45s and it's kind of odd for him to be raising a turncard like this as a bluff unless he is turning sth. like 4x/5x or any other pair into a bluff. If you don't think the average 25NL deep reg is capable of doing so I'd fold turn.
Thanks Felix.

** plot twist **

I was actually CO. I was seeing if this is a spot where I should have a lot of fold equity vs the 3betters range from a theoretical standpoint.

I actually floated the flop with a backdoor straight and flush draw w/ 2 overs and decided to turn it into a bluff OTT because my range will have all nutt3d combos in it whilst his won't (basically i can have straights and sets and he can't).

Old
Sun Feb 16, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
What does his 9% 3 betting range look like?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com