Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL - PP below TP on wet flop

Old
25NL - PP below TP on wet flop - Mon Feb 17, 2014, 07:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Flop line question here: Are we cbetting this flop for thin value against hands that would continue OTF? or is it better to x/c?

Range of hands that would continue on this flop are: JJ, TT, 99, 88, 77, 66, AsQs, AJ, KsQs, AT-T9, KJs, QJs, 98s, 87s.

There are 47% TP+ hands that we lose to and 53% that we beat; so betting for value is kind of thin - What's your reason for betting this flop if you do bet here?

And how would you play the hand moving forward if we check the flop OOP?

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 10:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi George,

I like betting this flop, as there are enough worse hands that can call us and we have fair equity vs. better hands as well, so while the value part may be thin, the penalty for being wrong is subsidized a bit having the outs we do. Plus there's no reason to assume they will bet automatically if we check, and I would think the vast majority of hands that will check behind us can make good use of a free card (hands like KQ/AQ with a single spade come to mind... small pairs too, it would have been a disaster if 33 got a free turn here).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 06:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Thanks Dave, my general game plan is to bet with hands that are vulnerable to overcards but I seem to be running into some dilemma when called and see a turn OOP. Only shows how much position is important. What do you think of the turn and river line in this particular spot? 3 of diamonds is a blank do we prefer betting for the same reasons as the flop ?

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 09:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi George,

I am generally going to bet the turn as well readless, as I still don't want to offer free cards and it makes the hand easier to play. On blank rivers I will tend to check/call since all draws missed and we will not likely get called by worse hands, but can pick off bluffs.

Obviously all this is easier to adjust in position, or with reads, yes OOP without reads makes life tough.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com