Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6m zoom - Str facing action OOP monotone board

Old
2NL 6m zoom - Str facing action OOP monotone board - Mon Feb 17, 2014, 09:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain 3 hands, 33/33

Did I miss value?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($2.43)
SB ($3.01)
BB ($5)
Hero (UTG) ($3.27)
MP ($2.66)
CO ($4.14)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, Q
Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.35) 10, J, 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.83) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.03) K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: $2.03 | Rake: $0.07

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi brave,

Calling a 3B OOP with KQ isn't an exciting prospect to me, but KQs 163bb's deep it's ok as long as we play well post flop. With no reads that's difficult to do though, and I don't think we did here.

Did you miss value? Yes. There are 2 combos of nut flushes, and 6 combos of AA, 3 each of KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99. Not to mention 3 combos of AKo with the Ah, and 3 more of AQo with the Ah. We have just outflopped the vast majority of their preflop 3-betting range, check-call down doesn't seem optimal to me.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
(#3)
Reminds me of a hand xflixx played today:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...690_399D54A14C

If a villain is so aggro, you deffo should consider folding

Last edited by rkleefstra; Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 01:13 PM
(#4)
So turn check raise?

Flop check raise and leading are giving stack action if he has NFD or Flush. Or are we willing to play stacks OTF? Hmmm, I assume we are by the numbers you gave.

rkleefstra, not quite the same, even though the similarities are striking.

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 01:33 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 02:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Don't assume... list the hands that will continue the flop vs. a lead or check-raise, and/or give stack action on the flop and run your equity against that range. Then you can decide if it's good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 07:17 AM
(#6)
I don’t know, but here it goes, if we give him shove range of
Shove:{ QQ-TT, AdAh,AhAs,AhAc,AhKh,AhQh,AhKd,AhKs,AhKc,AhQd,AhQs, AhQc, AdAh,AhAs,AhAc,AhKh,AhQh,AhKd,AhKs,AhKc,AhQd,AhQs, AhQc}

We have 55% to win. So a flip OTF. He, I omit a set off 9 and KK out of the range just because he won’t do it every time.

After we survive turn card we are clear favorites and we can try to extract value, but we only get it one time more if he is any good and he is beat.

Most logical place to do it, is turn check raise, or leading turn and river.

Leading turn is good if he is passive or aggressive with a hand, but bad if he is aggressive and has no hand. Because for EV it is better to assume he has a hand, we should lead the turn. But checking is not bad either because with strong draw he might just call.

Thus the most optimal thing to do is check raise OTT. We are getting one streets more from draws and with luck 2 streets more from the hands he think are very good. But, he might not barrel.
Anyway, check-raise OTT, would be best if the hand goes like this.

I think it all goes to this basic question:
In general if we know we are flipping, should we try to play stacks?

Edit, sometime later.
Ooh, got something. In general if we have a flip, we should play for stacks because
a) Even if we go for stacks, we have EV zero
b) If villain only calls, we extracted EV+ value, because his calling range is wider than shoving range

And for draw:
c) With draw we have always some fold equity, so flip comes EV+

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 08:00 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com