Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

35 players Sit'n Go question

Old
35 players Sit'n Go question - Mon Feb 17, 2014, 03:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
[re

Last edited by ingenium92; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 07:16 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 03:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
What type of player was he? and therefore what range of hands is he making this raise with?

What was his stack size?

What is your table image?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 03:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
[re

Last edited by ingenium92; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 07:17 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 12:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Tbh the only question that i would consider is his opening range. If you think that he will open raise utg with a wide range then i guess your shove is +EV. However Most average players are only opening with a relatively tight range and your all in is at best 50 /50. As youre not shortstacked i would have thrown A K away here especially as you have players to act behind you.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 05:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenium92 View Post
well,now after i think....for whole night he played 1-2 hands and he was complaining that 50 minutes the dealer isnt giving him anything,the hand before he got QQ and went all in before the flop and won,his stack was 30k after that... so i didnt thought that he is holding something strong...
For my table image...i played very tight whole tournament i played 5-6 hands for 3 hours and all of them i won preflop...but the players i was with on the table dont pay attention to kinda things...

If he is playing that tight This might be a fold?

Just a thought, However I like the shove instead of a Raise / fold but again depends on the Range of hands you think he raised with. If he calls are you ahead of his range of hands KQs or worse, you are flipping against any pair below KK and in trouble if he only calls with AA or KK.

I guess you are basing the question based on the outcome whereas the answer is based on a range of possible hands. Sometimes you make the right move and lose, sometimes the wrong move and win, but the key to a long term success is to make correct decisions even when the cards don't run your way. EG against a good player it is correct to fold 73o out of position. Sometimes the flop will come 333 but that does not mean our fold was incorrect.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com