Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Proposal for the Open League Tournaments

Old
Lightbulb
Proposal for the Open League Tournaments - Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Proposal for the Open League Tournaments:

Option 1: 10000 entries max, Turbo, 3000 stacks, PSO members only.
(I believe this will make improvements)

Option 2: 15000 entries max, Hyper-Turbo, 300 stacks, Open to all.
(If people want to play all in, then I really think this is the best option)

Option 3: 10000 entries max, Hyper-Turbo, 1500 stacks, Open to all.
(Same deal, but people will at least be able to play a few hands at the beginning of the tournament)

Option 4: 5000 entries max, Slow, 1500 stacks, PSO members only.

Option 5: 10000 entries max, Turbo, 1500 stacks, Open to all.
(Current Structure, nothing changes)

My intention is not to change anyones opinion on what is better or not, I just think we can improve the Open League Tournament structure and rules.

Note: if any one has any suggestions for the structure, I will edit this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A thread has been made to vote and discuss about making the Open League Tournaments PSO members only and perhaps improve the game:

Vote: Open League Tournament Access to PokerSchool Members ONLY.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Members-ONLY.

Last edited by TrippyTricks; Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 04:52 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Were is option 5 leave it as it is?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
There have been endless discussions in the forums since the current league structure was put in place and I have taken part in many of them,but it is clear PSO/Pokerstars have no intention of making any changes. At some point in the future that may change, and then they may take on board some of the many different suggestions that have been made in these forums. Until then I would not waste too much time trying to change things but concentrate more on exploiting what is on offer, or if you really don't like it, look elsewhere.

A few dozen PSOers chewing the fat in these forums, with no consensus on what changes, if any, should be made(see your other thread) is not a great incentive to PSO/Pokerstars to go through the workload needed to overhaul it.

Ok so maybe 25-30% of players in any OSL Freeroll are not members, but in January the OSL was participated in by 138,000 registered members of PSO and it's worldwide counterpart sites.

That pretty much says it all - it obviously works as it is in terms of attracting huge numbers of members to play.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Were is option 5 leave it as it is?

Grade b
Edited

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:53 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
Trippy,

Shouldn't you be studying..?

Old
Mon Feb 17, 2014, 05:03 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
There have been endless discussions in the forums since the current league structure was put in place and I have taken part in many of them,but it is clear PSO/Pokerstars have no intention of making any changes. At some point in the future that may change, and then they may take on board some of the many different suggestions that have been made in these forums. Until then I would not waste too much time trying to change things but concentrate more on exploiting what is on offer, or if you really don't like it, look elsewhere.

A few dozen PSOers chewing the fat in these forums, with no consensus on what changes, if any, should be made(see your other thread) is not a great incentive to PSO/Pokerstars to go through the workload needed to overhaul it.

Ok so maybe 25-30% of players in any OSL Freeroll are not members, but in January the OSL was participated in by 138,000 registered members of PSO and it's worldwide counterpart sites.

That pretty much says it all - it obviously works as it is in terms of attracting huge numbers of members to play.

Ed
Your your probably right, I thought it would make sense to open a thread on this with the PSO members only thread.
Even if this has been approached before, refreshed suggestions can help improve things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666_Gunnar View Post
Trippy,

Shouldn't you be studying..?
LoL .. it's holiday today in Canada, I just play.

Last edited by TrippyTricks; Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 05:06 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com