Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 - facing reraise with tpgk, bu vs bb drawy board.

Old
NL10 - facing reraise with tpgk, bu vs bb drawy board. - Tue Feb 18, 2014, 01:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)
SB: $10 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $12.59 (125.9 bb)
UTG: $20.74 (207.4 bb)
MP: $8.80 (88 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85) T J 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $3, Hero raises to $11.69 and is all-in, BTN calls $6.10 and is all-in

Turn: ($20.05) J (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($20.05) 8 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
Click to show hidden text

How should I proceed here? Villain is tag. A lot of turn cards I wouldn't like so I think maybe this was a fold? Especially given he bet so much. At the time I was just thikning, ok got reraised in a bu vs bb spot on a super wet board Ill shove thinking he has a draw.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Stacking off OTF I think is kind of bad here. Lets work out a range for our villain.
(by the way I would 3bet to 1$ to make up for our positional disadvantage) I think calling or 3betting are both fine depending on villain's stats like if I think villain would raise the BTN with worse Kings and Jacks then maybe calling is better. So we 3bet and villain defends, range wise I would think they could have something like: {JJ-77, AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs-98s} We bet flop and they raise now I would discount 99-77, T9s, QJs, AJs, ATs, and AQo. AQ and KQ I think would raise if they have diamonds to go with their straight draws and maybe so would 98s so against {JJ, TT, AdQd, KdQd, JTs, 9d8d} we are in really bad shape with 20% equity. That and playing OOP with little room to improve on future streets makes me want to fold to their flop raise. Because even against their draws we are still an underdog.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 06:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I don't really like restealing with hands like KJo, especially against a 3x open. KJo doesn't play that well in a 3Bet pot, especially OOP. Also by just calling, you keep villain's range much wider and weaker.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com