Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bank Roll Builder

Old
Bank Roll Builder - Tue Feb 18, 2014, 03:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
Hey, just signed up. want to get good at poker. excited to learn poker.

Josh

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 04:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwatson11 View Post
Hey, just signed up. want to get good at poker. excited to learn poker.

Josh
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:58 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future.

First Step

Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 02:19 AM
(#4)
I passed the quiz with a 88 percent. Wish i know what question i got wrong. What do you do with 22 at the cut off and everyone just called the blind? do you raise or fold? I just don't think it's worth even trying to hit it on the flop. Thanks. Can't wait to start playing poker.

Last edited by joshwatson11; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 03:27 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 06:12 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 04:44 PM
(#6)
I passed the cash game quiz.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 02:27 AM
(#7)
HI,
I'm wondering how i could have done this hand differently to get more value. How do you think i could have got more out of him?

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 02:59 AM
(#8)
Was this the right play or did i need more outs?

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:27 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Great, your 2nd bonus is on it's way to you!

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:24 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi Josh,

First of all I'll take a look at your TT hand.

It's nice when you hit such a strong hand as a set, but you won't usually get paid off unless your opponent has a strong 2nd best hand. Of course the weaker your opponent, the more likely you'll get paid off with worse hands. Therefore your task is to extract money when he has either strong draws or strong made hands. There's not a lot you can do if he's holding something like K6!

I like your preflop and flop play.

However I don't like your bet sizing on the turn. This is a great card to continue betting big on. It gives him a potential flush draw or gutshot straight draw, he might have now made top pair or even two pair, he's not going to fold any of these holdings to a bet of something like $0.22-$0.25. If you bet $0.22 and he called, this would make the pot $0.74 and you would have $0.60 left behind, so you could easily just move all in on most rivers.

Of course villain might also have KQ which just made the nut straight. You will have to pay the villain off when he does have this hand, but you will always have ten outs for a full house. However villain has many worse hands than yours which will call or raise a turn bet.

As played on the river, I think your bet sizing is reasonable. It's small, but the board has become quite scary now so your opponent is less likely to call with weaker made hands if you make your bet too big.

When you've got a strong hand at the microstakes (especially $0.05/$0.10 and below), bet for value and bet big!

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:38 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
Now onto your AK hand.

I think you played this hand pretty well.

The only thing I would do differently is to move all in on the flop after he raises you for the first time instead of raising to $0.40. When you raise to $0.40, you are committing your whole stack to the pot, as you're now never going to fold. Therefore you're giving him the chance to call your bet and maybe even fold if a spade comes.

However I think the way you played it is also fine. When he moves all in, you've got to call a bet of $0.70 to win a pot of $1.69 giving you pot odds of 2.41:1. This means you have to win the hand 29% of the time to make it profitable. Let's assume that only your spade outs are clean outs, that means you have 9 outs to hit on the turn and river.

To calculate your chances of hitting your outs, you can roughly work this out using the "Rule of 4 and 2". Multiply your outs by 4 if, on the flop, you want to work out your percentage chance of making your hand by the river. If you only want to look one street ahead (flop->turn or turn->river), multiply by 2.

Therefore in this case, you have about 9x4= ~36% of making your flush by the river. You can probably lower this number a bit because if villain has a set, then he has some redraws to a full house/quads. For example in this hand if you were up against QQ, then you would only have a 30.7% chance of winning the hand. However this number is still higher than the 29% equity you require to make a profitable call. You can mess around a bit more with some different hands using the Odds Calculator

Most of the time you will be behind, but sometimes you will be ahead, e.g. if villain has a worse flush draw, worse Ax.

Even if villain showed you A6 or a set, making this call is easily profitable in the long run, so well played!

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 06:36 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

You've still got one bonus to receive.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com