Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

fold turn w/ 16 outs?

Old
fold turn w/ 16 outs? - Tue Feb 18, 2014, 04:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
no info, reg table, though i have 16 outs its only 32% on turn... and to call his overjam i need 55%... so would u call that turn?

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2012
depending what u think he has u would have more outs then that... if they had aces it would be nearlly a flip, however it would still be a -ev play to call

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 08:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
To call you need:
total money in the pot: 1.10+1.53+1.53 = 4.16
to call: 1.53
pot odds: 1.53/4.16 = 37%

One possibility to his range:{88+,KQs , Q9s, AhQh+},
where you have 47% to win and so calling is ok.

If he is tight player who doesent like his nut flush draws, you need to fold.

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 08:30 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 10:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
You actually need 36.78% equity to make the call not 55% like braveslice calculated.
Why are we donk betting the flop against two opponent with MP? Is this a value bet? Can we get called by worse? Is this a bluff bet? Can we fold out better? Not all clubs are clean out because sets are in their range and a club that pairs the board is going to win him the hand when they have a set. Since clubs are the highest number of outs here then that fact alone should have us fold their turn over shove.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 11:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
I did not calculate 55 36.78 is rounded to 37%

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 12:07 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
You actually need 36.78% equity to make the call not 55% like braveslice calculated.
Why are we donk betting the flop against two opponent with MP? Is this a value bet? Can we get called by worse? Is this a bluff bet? Can we fold out better? Not all clubs are clean out because sets are in their range and a club that pairs the board is going to win him the hand when they have a set. Since clubs are the highest number of outs here then that fact alone should have us fold their turn over shove.
i m not happy how i played it, should have just x-call flop... but since turn gave me outs i ended up calling though i knew i have like those 30% and need 55% ... not close enough :O , so this was very bad play i guess?

btw i donked flop to trying to be tricky if he just calls etc... cuz its so live flop , i couldnt know he haz big handz ... but still im so unhappy with how i played

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 01:04 PM
(#7)
no braveslice, you said 37% not 55%. NautroSasuki says 55% which is wrong you need 36.78% But yea I think I prefer x/c flop alot more because we actually don't want to get raised on the action flop.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 01:41 PM
(#8)
Quote:
no braveslice, you said 37% not 55%. NautroSasuki says 55% which is wrong you need 36.78% But yea I think I prefer x/c flop alot more because we actually don't want to get raised on the action flop.
oh now i see, silly me i forgot to add 1.50 , so y 37%, so its nice call isnt it? now am happy with that
so my outs vs set: , Q Q Q, 7 7 7 ---> 16 outs ---> 32% on turn

btw is it so horrible to call w/ 32% when i need 37% or 35%?

btw would u like reraise jam all-in by me on flop?

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#9)
If we have 32% equity and we need 37% then we are probably -EV so yes its bad
and nope re-raise jamming will get the money in without fold equity; I think you are overestimating your equity here. Try to play around with PokerStove and Flopzilla and see against different ranges how our equity looks like its a good exercise away from the table! GL!

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 01:53 AM
(#10)
Quote:
If we have 32% equity and we need 37% then we are probably -EV so yes its bad
and nope re-raise jamming will get the money in without fold equity; I think you are overestimating your equity here. Try to play around with PokerStove and Flopzilla and see against different ranges how our equity looks like its a good exercise away from the table! GL!
i know wut r my % against all handz, i just was curious if its good as semibluff,semijam u know? but y if i think about it i know im never ahead

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com