Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

LISTEN TO IRONSIDE, HE'S RIGHT

Old
LISTEN TO IRONSIDE, HE'S RIGHT - Thu Oct 10, 2002, 09:20 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
IMHO, I believe ironside said it plain and simple. There is a lot of useless things being said in the forum and today, I was made aware, that" IT IS NOT FUNNY". It is'nt funny when we make fun of someone in fun, but unknowly to the one doing that, we are hurtful. Writing what we are thinking, isn't necessarly the way the reader is going to take it. Lets stop and think about this. I have also taken things the wrong way in here at times, and yes it leaves you feeling betrayed by what we thought were friends. I for one will not get envolved in joking around, like Ironside said, it is childish, but most importantly of all, WE COULD BE HUTING SOMEONE, WHO IS ALREADY HURTING. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS TOO MANY IN THIS SCHOOL, THAT WANT THAT TO BE HAPPENING.

BABE60

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2002, 05:45 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
i seriously doubt if there are many people in PSO who are sensitive enough to be hurt

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2002, 02:39 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
you know what :?: you are right :!: Iguess I was wrong, as personally I have a lot of fun in this forum, and I have a million laughs. It bothers me though if I have hurt someones feelings by them taking it the wrong way, and feel obligated into making sure they realize I was only joking around. example would be Pokermats post, I never realized that his english in that post was his english, I thought he was joking around, so I joked about his english. I hurt him and that was not my intention at all. I will in the future end my posts with just joking, if I say something like that again. I remember something being said a great while back about disabled people, and a lot of things said unknowly that the person really was disabled. Thats is what I am talking about. Sometimes, over this internet, we just don't know. just being a little more careful I guess is the key.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2002, 03:07 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
i understand your point and agree with it

i must say that in the entire time ive spend here (and as been alot) only one player here as offend me seriously..as a portuguese which i am and im proud of it and to my country, and also about my spelling errors which i dont care very much, cause this is a chat feature not a english class...i can make funn of pokermatts english as he can do the some about my english..i will never be offended..but coming in a rude way from an american with the purpose of humilliation is a diferent thing(also from someone who never get out of america and dont speak a 2nd language!!!if you see my point)

the people which im playing almost everyday are americans..i love america and ive been there dozens of times...i do think there are alot of things about america which i dont like but i never told them (if somoene ask my oppinion) in a rude manner. like the things i dont like there many i like in america, like in my country...but at least i speak with the knowledge of someone who have been there at least 20 times, from south to north and from west to east, visiting 9 states and spending there 2 to 3 weeks on an average

i had some people calling me this and that and always we have made "peace" after

the way people say things, like i say about major and is play, i dont believe i offend major...i think major is a great guy who plays like a maniac and just dont care..is up to him but i stil think is a friendly player which i dont bother to have at my table (for a few minutes only...lol)

i like to have fun all the time, and never try to offend anyone, cause if i see someone offended about the things i say i always apologize

so there is a diferent perspective about that fun side of this school and forum

i had some nasty situations with people i like, (like saneigy and others players) but always we have made it and become friends as usual....i think we got too much latin blood and a strong temper

well i truly believe that the way we say things are the fundamental to offend or not anyone

spades 8)

Old
Mon Jul 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Bump...

Old
Mon Jul 30, 2007, 08:44 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Well, i must be way off cause i thought this place was about having fun.

My resignation is in the mail........

Old
Tue Jul 31, 2007, 01:08 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrant

ROFLMAO only Brant can derail a thread that is almost 5 years old and full of dead(figuratively) people.

Noel

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 10:30 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Where are these players from the post? Spades, we had a love, hate thingy that I have forgotten about, until now that is! What a blast from the past. I wonder how my Latin cousin Spades is doing, I hope well?
Anyone know and what about babe60?

So what was the purpose to resurrect this old thread?

HERMES aka to spades, SANEIGY 8O

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 11:02 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Old threads should be auto-locked after a few months of inactivity to spare us reading through a thread halfway before realising that it's not new, it's years old.

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 12:04 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico
Old threads should be auto-locked after a few months of inactivity to spare us reading through a thread halfway before realising that it's not new, it's years old.
Depends on the thread, this one I would agree with you! But there are some that are good a second time around.

HERMES 8)

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 12:13 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Quote:

Yes, this place IS about fun, but it is also about poker. Some people who play here are obviously more interested in the "fun" part, but others are also serious about the game, learning and playing seriously. Sometimes, too much fun can get in the way of that, and can be rude. As an example, all of the railbirds chatting away non stop about everything BUT poker at the final table of the Paltalk Event last evening. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I also love to have fun at the tables. But accessive non stop talk by scores of people who aren't even in the game is ridiculous, and rude. Yes, I know you can uncheck both observer and player chat, but why should I have to? It is about being courteous to your fellow players, some who are trying to play a serious game of poker.

I also agree with Serpico. What is the point of bringing up all of these old posts? Are some people running out of their own thoughts and ideas about what to post?

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 01:00 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Im offended by indy_bob's post.

*sniff*

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 01:16 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Serpico wrote:

Quote:

God, why are we British so goddamn sensible, oh and of course, always right. Mind you Serpico, they did put 2002 in the corner

I remember Ironside, he was OK, so he probably was right?

If iambrant goes half the membership goes as well! Long live the brant

And why did jimmy bump this had he just been called a jerk for calling with crap and winning on the river......I wonder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 07:42 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Post deleted as long as post locking remains minimal.

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 08:25 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Quote:

You have a right to your opinion. And i thank god no one listens.
I'm listening!! I bet others are, too!!! 8)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com