Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6m zoom – 5 high str OTR to fold

Old
2NL 6m zoom – 5 high str OTR to fold - Tue Feb 18, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain 4 hands, limps

1.Should I B/F always on the river like this?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($2)
SB ($2.37)
Hero (BB) ($5.25)
UTG ($2.78)
MP ($1)
CO ($2.07)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 10
4 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.09, SB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.18) 5, 4, 10 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.11, SB calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.40) 3 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.40) 2 (2 players)
SB bets $2.17 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $0.40 | Rake: $0.01

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 02:54 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 04:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi,

In my opinion you played good preflop and on the flop. But i feel that you can also bet the turn to get value from worse hands, the player seems passive and loose, so i think he can call the turn with the mayority of the hands with which he called the flop, and id like to continue betting on the river again if he checks.
As played, it may seem that you can induce some bluffs by checking the turn, but for me this shove is for value and he has a real hand, so you are at best chopping with another ace, and some time losing to 66.

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 04:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I think your PF size is ok... maybe a little big but I guess it's okay. IMO flop sizing was small, when we flop TPTK against a player that limp/calls pre, we want to punish him as we know he doesn't like folding.

I think you could actually pot bet, pot bet, then if villain shoves river. We have an interesting decision to make but I would lean towards calling if we pot bet twice. I don't see the villain having a 6 here very often after 2 pot sized bets.

Last edited by dirt eh; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 08:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
My plan on the flop with this hand against an unknown 2NL guy is to bet/fold all three streets for value, so I don't see any reason to stop betting OTT.

OTR folding is fine. A lot of the time you're only calling for a chop, which isn't great. The times that villain is going to show up with 6x or even 76 outnumber the times he's doing this with stuff like two pair or air.

Don't forget that this river card should look very scary to villain as you have played this hand exactly like someone with a random Ax hand that missed the flop and took one stab before giving up.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 04:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
Great pointers. I have had a feeling that trying to make 3 streets of value with TPTK is about EV zero against unknown players in zoom, so I opted to 2 streets, but probably in wrong order. Maybe this is only for 5NL and 2NL is different. I should really check it from the PT.

ty, and gl!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com