Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Was My Call Correct?

Old
Was My Call Correct? - Tue Feb 18, 2014, 07:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6FBC32B637

I think that the UTG+1 call to see the flop wasn't a good call (or limp with 78s in early position for that matter), and I'm happy how I played the hand up to my raise. I'm not sure what to make of my call to the all in, though. What do you think?

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 10:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Shodan,

Firstly I don't think raising 2 EP limpers with a small pair is ideal without any reads. It's probably better to limp behind here rather than bloat the pot with a hand that won't win unimproved multi-way much.

Post flop play is fine I think. Obv 87s is in his limp-call range, this is exactly the type of thing they'll be holding. They'll also show up with 55 and 44 which is what makes it fine. If we held 44 instead of 66 then I think we have a fold.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 18, 2014, 11:49 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi Shodan,

Didn't want to jump in and suggest the over limp pre. But Dave said it so my thinking was ok.

As played looking at your call I literately put villain on that hand - or some nut draw, then think why shove and play bingo?

Unwinding the action to the villain's limp call pre, then checks the top straight into two opponents! What a spot to donk to induce a raise then 3bet. So a nice hand for note taking and hope you see them again.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: typos

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 12:51 AM
(#4)
Thanks for the advice, Dave. I must admit, I haven't put much thought in before with regard to limping behind others, but it's something I'll be putting into practice now, when applicable.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 12:52 AM
(#5)
Cheers, ForrestFive. Appreciate the feedback.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com