Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max - 3bet AK from sb, 3 shots planning bet/fold river and changed my mind

Old
5NL 6max - 3bet AK from sb, 3 shots planning bet/fold river and changed my mind - Wed Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I know you should have a plan and stick to it. Here I changed my mind on the river.

Note:
Bet small on river and fold to aggression - then changed my mind

Zoom no experience with the villain. Though after firing two shots in a 3bet pot, I made a river bet smaller than I'd make as a value bet if I had the nut flush?

Confused? Well the smaller bet looks like either "please call me I have the nuts" or "a weak stab I'm giving up".

I had intended to fold to a raise on the river then a moment of poker.

[Dream]
What should the villain have done on the turn, with a double flush board or nut straight? Min open pre, range flat calls 3bet in position.
[/Dream]

So changed my line and called the shove which looked like a bluff to my weak bet.

Was this the merge thing, bluff vs value range?

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 05:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
TPTK in 3bet pot, im betting 3 streets for value and we size it nicely to have a less than PSB OTR so put the rest in I think. I think betting and folding river is a mistake when we have invested so much and villain could call us with worse AQ, AJs. I can't see too many FDs in their range when they call a 3bet and it would suck to bet small and villain shoves on us and gets us to fold a split.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com