Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Battle of Planets

Old
Battle of Planets - Wed Feb 19, 2014, 10:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Just started playing $3.50 6 max stt so started taking a closer look at the battle of planets promotion. Has anyone here made it onto the leaderboard? Does anyone know what scores are needed to firstly get on the leaderboard and secondly what sort of score is needed to win? Is it possible to do well in it with playing 6 max when theres a lot more points available for the 36 mans?
Cheers Paul

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 10:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2014
I've made it about 20th on the low orbit leaderboard once, I played 4x 6max hypers, had a serious run good where I won all 4 and next 4 won 3 and a 2nd and did pretty good in this rest of the 20 block.

To see your points and where you stand go to requests - sit and go leader points, to see what kind of points you're gonna need to place look at requests -> sit n go leaderboards.

Good luck

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi crazyesdumno,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE. This month the PSO home games club will be hosting the PSO Winter Games, which are designed to emulate the Olympic Games. More information on the Winter games can be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#4)
I've made it once with 18mans and once with 9mans.
I think the points system does well adjusting for the different sizes, but the larger fields might be slightly easier. In any case you need a fantastic good run of games.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 01:36 PM
(#5)
Cheers for that. Never realised that was there.
Tried joining the pso home game but said i had the wrong details.
Yeah I think run good is needed. Worked out to beat this weeks leader i would have to win 15/20.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:28 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2012
I think it's easier to get higher on the leader board if you play the multi table sit & goes instead of the 6 or 9 person ones. I got second playing 27 player S&Gs years ago (before black friday, I am in the U.S.) so I can say that if I was trying to do that again I would play 27 person games, or try the 36 person ones, instead of the single table ones.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
If you want to make the Low Orbit then you have to play MTT STTs ie. 45 Man.

If you want to make the High Orbit then 6 Max is fine. You need run good for both but it is achievable.

I've made both, highest is 7th on the High Orbit. My place on the low orbit (when I finished 7th) was 20 something so you really need an extraordinary run of results in 6 max to place in the Low Orbit(as you noted)

To make the high Orbit you have to average 300 points per 20 games.

Don't try and push yourself for the High Orbit if your not used to the volume. As always play your A game at all times, if your game suffers then just forget about it.

And someone worked out that you don't have to be in profit by much over the 20 games to get close to a place on any leaderboard. Run good helps but good solid play will get you there.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:47 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
If you want to make the Low Orbit then you have to play MTT STTs ie. 45 Man.
nope. DUCY?

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 06:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2012
Unless I have always read this wrong somehow, then the Battle of the Planets promotion deals with max 36 player S&Gs

I imagine there are other promotion/leaderboard things for larger fields, dunno.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

By the way if you get into the top ten then you get a ticket to a tourney. I think first place was like $17k or something when I played it. I busted out in the first or second blind level of my first table haha ... *sigh*

Edit again: I just looked it up online and looks like first place for that tourney is 12k actually.

Last edited by Tyirl; Wed Feb 19, 2014 at 07:03 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 07:12 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2014
Hi Joss,

I've applied to the home game, just waiting on confirmation of application, hopefully I'll be able to get in before the Luge 6-max event tonight.

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 07:16 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyesdumno View Post
Hi Joss,

I've applied to the home game, just waiting on confirmation of application, hopefully I'll be able to get in before the Luge 6-max event tonight.
It can take up to 24 hours to be accepted. Only one person can accept new players in, so you'll have to wait until they're online.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 19, 2014, 07:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
nope. DUCY?
I haven't played for the BOTP Leaderboard in around a year, iirc 45 Man were included at the time but reading what Tyril says then 36 man is the max now.

441 was the bottom place score on the Low orbit last week. That's a lot of wins and 2nds for a 6 max player. 300 points is achievable though in 6 max and averaging that over 5 sets of 20 will get you in the top 50.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
If you want to se how many points you will need to make the leaderboard, go to Requests>Sit & Go Leader Boards. Here, you can see the previous week's numbers. Because of the volume of players, the scores required to make the leaderboard don't vary much from week the week, certainly at the small buyins.

When I was playing micro STTs I sneaked onto the leaderboards a few times. The low orbit needed a fair bit of run good to get into, whereas I found the high orbit was more a matter of being consistent and playing well over a longer sequence of games.

It is a useful little bonus when playing Sit&Goes, or maybe more than that if you either crush the games or get a nice lucky streak.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
If you go to the PokerStars dot com web site and search for promotions, you'll get all the details, including how to calculate your score.

When Americans could still play, the max game was 27-player. I use to follow the Mercury division and can tell you it takes 425 points, or more to reach top 100. To get into the monthly tourney, you had to finish in the top ten, which usually took a score over 525 points.

Since I'm on the dot net version, I'm unable to follow the weekly results like I did.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#15)
Like people have said It is going to be hard to get on the low orbit. Whilst playing I was talking to someone who sits 7th on the leaderboard so gives me some hope.
But I think it's maybe a bit easier to make the high orbit playing 6 max.
This weeks leader is just on 1600 in the higher orbit which would mean I would have to win 40 or win 20 and get 40 2nds out of a hundred. Which will be hard and nowhere near achievable every hundred but something I would be looking to get.
Like oval said playing consistently is the priority this is just an added bonus. Hopefully will be reporting some time soon saying iv made it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com