Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 ZOOM 77 lost showdon value on river

Old
NL5 ZOOM 77 lost showdon value on river - Thu Feb 20, 2014, 03:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

Vilain unknown. on the river my poket 77 has no more showdown value guess i should bet and hope that he folds all his 22-66, XJ and other lower combos.

Last edited by A Beatmaker; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 03:55 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 06:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I think a lot of people will call a bet here when they beat the table.
Betting here is burning money imo.
I would simple check back and move to the next hand.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 08:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Yea, I don`t see much of value in betting OTR, we are turning are pocket 7s into a bluff.
And without some reads that he is folding a lot on river bets I would just check back.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 10:47 AM
(#4)
I think on the river most people in microstakes are the most honest. he shown weaknes at two streets.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 11:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I think you have three plays here.
1. Raise his cbet
2. Call his cbet and if he checks the turn, turn your hand into a bluff
3. Fold to his cbet.

I don't like showing down 77 here.

Last edited by dirt eh; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 12:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
I would
1) fold OTF
2) flat OTF betfold OTT if its checkraised to me

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 04:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

I don't really like the flop call either, what is our plan? It can't be solely to hit a 7, that would be a terrible plan since it occurs very infrequently and won't be good 100% of the time anyway. It may be to float and take the pot away later if villain shows weakness, but we don't have reads yet to know if that's a good plan or not, and we didn't do that anyway. And planning to check/show down isn't great either, what are we beating that gives up after the flop? QJ/QJ/JT/22-66 is about it. But we're still losing to 88-QQ.

Since we did float the flop, the turn is our best chance to move on this pot when he checks. We can have AJ that called flop to pot control. We can have KQ that was slow playing. We can have a flush draw that just got there. And it's a leveraged bet, if villain calls there is the threat of facing an even bigger river bet. Hands like AQ are probably check/calling us down, but 88-QQ is pretty hard pressed to continue.

As played I think betting the river is good tbh. I think the OP's point is that we don't have an option to show down 77 any more, we are playing the board. Villain can have a ton of better hands that might fold to a bet. Even QJ/QT is a hero call (2 pair on board with the best kicker). JJ/TT/99, the lower we go the more certain a fold is. And they are folding 100% of chops (22-77). Giving up and chopping with 22 or losing the whole pot to 99 is just gross.

Cliffs: fold flop, bet turn, as played bluff river.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:44 AM
(#8)
Thanks

Hehe looks like I made errors on all 3streets. I gues with 7d7x 6d6x or 88 it would be call OTF? because we dont whant to be exploited be c-betor 100%.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com