Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6m Zoom KK OESD flop vs UTG OR flat

Old
5NL 6m Zoom KK OESD flop vs UTG OR flat - Thu Feb 20, 2014, 07:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Villain is a reg 4 tabling.

preflop is standard I think. OTF I figured TT/JJ/QQ is certainly part of his range for OR flatting vs my squeeze.AK is more unlikely since I have blockers. maybe an AA slowplay or an 89s if he was tricky as well but that is rare. should I just have called and see what he does OTT? certainly it would have gone all in anyway if i put a small reraise OTF so I thought of shoving so my outs wont "die". what do you think of my shove? i think my thought process might be wrong again in terms of the value mindset. i hope to emulate xflixx from his zoom videos here.

Last edited by okneechan; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: fail code from boom. used old hand replayer

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 08:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
I think we should just call flop here. I don`t think he would do this with 99/AQ. So his range should be JJ/QQ/1010 maybe JQs/10Js.So call flop, reevaluate OTT.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I really don't like this shove.

Villain is a reg who's raising from UTG and facing a 3Bet from MP. He will realise that his range looks strong, so when you 3Bet from such early position, your range should be super-strong. For him to then call this 3Bet, I think his range is super-narrow, something like 88-QQ, AK, AQs. Occasionally he might even slowplay AA like this.

That range hits this flop so hard. Against villain's preflop range, you're 50/50 to win by the river. When a reg donkbets on such a wet board against your perceived super-strong range, he's never bluffing, so he's never doing this with 88 or 99. Once you take those hands out of his range, he's now crushing you. Typically when a reg donkbets like this, it's with a strong, but vulnerable made hand, so minimally QJ or more likely, sets.

Therefore you can't raise for value as you are behind his range, or as a bluff because villain is not going to fold his sets. I'm not sure how he'd play AK, he'd probably just check/raise and hope for you to get it in with QQ-TT, but he could also lead out.

So just call the flop in position and re-evaluate turn, but be very cautious.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 12:00 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
yeah I think I should be more choosy when shoving OTF(hands and right villains). it seems like a huge leak just like my nut flush draws facing a CR. i picked this up coz i often see pros at youtube doing it. like KQs TP+FD

Last edited by okneechan; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com