Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

45 Man's Bankroll Management

Old
45 Man's Bankroll Management - Thu Feb 20, 2014, 06:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi,

I'm a cash player but have started to mix it up with some 45 man sng's, just not sure on the correct BRM for these games.

I currently are playing the $1.50 45 mans with a $130 roll which i guess is more than enough buy ins but just wondered how many is recommended for the $3.50's and so on?

Cheers

Ads

Last edited by adsthepro777; Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 06:37 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 06:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey ads!

I use 100 buy-ins for them, regardless of the buy-in level. I've seen plenty of variance streaks over 30 games.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 05:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
agree with Coach John 100 buy ins are safe so that you can always go for the win TOP2 and not bother about min cash

gl in your games ads

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Sounds good, would you consider taking shots like you can in cash?

Cheers,

Ads

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 11:32 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Ads,

I do take shots in tourneys. However, what I do for the $$ to play them is that every so often, I will set aside some of my bankroll. Say, if I win $100 in a tourney.. I'll take $80 of it and put into my bankroll and put $20 into a secondary bankroll for taking a shot somewhere. Once the 'take a shot' bankroll meets what I want to buy-into a larger tourney, then I'll go for it.
That way this money is separate and can be used for larger tourneys (like the mspt qualifier and wsop circuits I'm playing next month).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com