Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

"Curling" PSO homegame. Final table

Old
"Curling" PSO homegame. Final table - Thu Feb 20, 2014, 08:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...789_41F67A2551

This was on the final table, bubble had just burst.
Should I have folded and let them fight for 7th ?

I figured, if I win, I bust two players and isn't too bad a hand.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 09:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
grats on the FT rkleefstra

When you're in that position at the FT, it looks so appealing doesn't it... to potentially take out 2 for 1? But if you consider the shoving ranges (PP, kx+ Ax+, Q6+, J7+, t7+, gappers) of both short stackers, you still only fair 30% at best with KQs against their ranges. When calling off with 25% of your stack, you have less than 2.5:1 price of what's already in the middle.

I'd rather keep the extra 9BB here, to maximize a double up if the opportunity arises, so it's a fold for me. HU, would be a different story.

But if you know you're on a heater, then call.

Old
Thu Feb 20, 2014, 10:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rkleefstra!

To call the two shoves, it costs me 5499 into a pot of 18105 (30.4%).

I now need to see if I have this much equity. With 6.5BB, UTG should be shoving a range of about 27% (which may not be the case since this is a game where every place gets you more points).
The opp in the hijack should be reshoving about a top 14% hand, but once again, with this being a game where every spot gets more points, it could be tighter.

With these ranges, my KQs has 33.3% equity, which makes it a call. However, if these ranges are tighter, say 20% and 10%, then my equity is only 30.0%.

Without knowing how the opps are playing, since it's between a very marginal fold or a call, along with being able to guarantee 10 extra leaderboard points and the fact that if I lose, I'm still 2nd stack... I'm calling!

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:09 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
After the shove of UTG, I was calling. When villain5 shoved as well my first thought was, "oke, this is a clear fold now" but then I realized it was only 2 blinds more with possiblility to kick 2 people out, so that made me call.

After I saw their hands, I was like "hmmm, I should have known they had me beat pretty bad" and asked on the table if my call was bad. The answer was "put it in the forums "

Ty Marc and John. It was helpfull for sure. As a cashplayer I don't do many FT's...

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 08:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
I can't say I know the points scoring structure in the PSO games, and it definitely may be a factor in decision making for sure.

But I count 5400 to win 12544, or have I just lost the plot, which happens a bit.

The other argument in retrospect is I'd rather not contribute to potentially triple up a shorty to my left.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com