Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max - open hj KJs 3 callers, yikes - smart phone read

Old
5NL 6max - open hj KJs 3 callers, yikes - smart phone read - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Fun post without reads / hud, could this idea work.

I hide my status & search. Is the villain using a mobile device looking through the zoom lobby and see I'm playing 2 tables.

Now, they haven't turned off search, playing 1 table and haven't switched off the graphic to tell me they are on the phone.

Review boom note:
Villain playing on a smart phone and doesn't raise flop - bluff turn?

Perhaps just a basic phone book read + why do I think the betting line looks wrong? Don't try this at home kids.

I don't top up zoom and play 1/2 stack reg. That's my choice.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 02:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Generally in a 4-way pot continuing ranges against a flopbet can be very strong. Betting turn on this card probably looks strong too and can get us too many folds from worse so I like checking and picking up on your read. Since there are two draws out there I like how you played the hand given that he overbets turn which kind of makes no real sense for a strong hand when the board pairs. He might try to represent the 9 with his draws now and call off the rest with it.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:18 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks Felix,

I was wrong and actually bluffing KJ (make them clubs), a worse draw than the villain had. You said two draws, was the other a straight? The button calls medium connecting cards, better made hand should raise flop, so now it could get so bad on the turn.

Not feeling good about bluffing this hand. If called, only better will call. And obviously a better draw than I can represent called me. The turn pairing board gave me an opportunity to shove. Even though I held up it was a big risk just reading "villain was on the phone".

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com