Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-Max Zoom - Thin value on river

Old
2NL 6-Max Zoom - Thin value on river - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 12:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
No reads. No stats. Thoughts?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...031_4056029E7D

Thinking bet bigger flop and turn and check back ugly river cards. As played, knew it should have been a river fold to the check-raise but I'm a giant calling station.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 12:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Here are my thoughts, raise larger preflop (3x minimum). You can make it 4x at the micros and villains will still call. OTF bet bigger almost pot. Board is wet and there are a lot of hands that will call. OTT bet a bit larger as well 3/4 or so should be nice. OTR I like the think value bet but once again I would bet 1/2 - 2/3 pot on the river and fold to a raise.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 02:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey folkstix,

dirt eh already put some good stuff out there, can't add much more.

Since the board texture allows for so many hands like top pairs, pairs + draws etc. you can really size it nice and big here, same applies for the turn.

OTR I feel like there may be an argument for betting against a weaker player, not against an unknown Zoom player though. They might end up folding worse and only calling/raising better too much.

As played I'd fold to the river check/raise, he will almost always show you a straight at least in that spot after taking that strong of a line.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
Thanks again, guys! Sounds like we're on the same page here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com