Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK vs q6

Old
KK vs q6 - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
Howzit,
I'm wondering how i should have bet on the flop and after. Was going all in a bad idea. Thought maybe he was going for the flush. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by joshwatson11; Fri Feb 21, 2014 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: trying to change the name, it's kk vs q5, not q6.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi josh!

I think I would prefer raising larger preflop to 0.10$ I want to add 1bb whenever I am OOP to make up for our positional disadvantage. So say we make it 0.10 and we get called in two spots, the flop will have 0.30$ and I would bet flop 0.25 and we get called. OTT the pot would be 0.80$ and our stack would become 0.69$ which make a turn shove an easy bet and less intimidating as an over shove in which case we will get called with worse. We would have probably still lost the hand to Q5, but that's just unlucky as there will be worse hands they could have that we beat.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
not much you can do here man except for your betsizing as geo said. plus you are playing shortstacked so with a flop like that its gonna go all in OTT.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 07:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2014
Thanks for the review. I'll work on my bet size and thanks for the info about betting an extra bb if you are the first to act.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com