Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10SH - bluff squeeze with ace rag

Old
NL10SH - bluff squeeze with ace rag - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 07:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $12.35 (123.5 bb)
UTG: $10.29 (102.9 bb)
MP: $27.67 (276.7 bb)
CO: $18.39 (183.9 bb)
BTN: $32.95 (329.5 bb)
SB: $29.61 (296.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 A
2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.60, 3 folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

SB is 43/27 fish but CO and BU are regs, thought it would be a good opportunity to squeeze with A8o as bluff as I think everyone is pretty wide here. I'm trying to be more aggressive and find as many profitable spots as possible so this isn't something I usually do. Should I make this play with any 2 cards in this spot or only with A/K blockers? And what do you guys think of my sizing?

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I like this play in general.

I'd make the squeeze size a bit bigger though as there are three players already in the hand and you'll be OOP against the original raiser, so something like $2 seems better.

Having A/K blockers are usually good hands to squeeze with, especially suited Ax/Kx in case you get called and have to play post-flop.

I wouldn't squeeze with hands that are difficult to play post-flop, especially against a reg as they might realise that you are often squeezing light so may choose to defend their preflop raise wider than normal.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com