Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 SH - bluffraising donkbet 3bet pot, CO vs BU

Old
NL10 SH - bluffraising donkbet 3bet pot, CO vs BU - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 12:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $14.88 (148.8 bb)
SB: $12.89 (128.9 bb)
BB: $5 (50 bb)
MP: $29.93 (299.3 bb)
CO: $10.19 (101.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) K Q Q (2 players)
CO bets $1.10, Hero raises to $2.80, CO calls $1.70

Turn: ($7.55) 5 (2 players)
CO bets $2.60, Hero folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

No read on villain except he is 47/31 over around 50 hands. I don't think he would donk a queen here because he can check and let me barrel so I reraise him to put him off KX and pocket pairs. My plan was that if I got called I would put him pretty much all in on turn (not shove as that looks bluffy) but when he donks again I cant call and he commits himself to pot and wont fold.

Last edited by pockettones; Fri Feb 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 02:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
First I don't like your 3bet with ATo vs this opponent and this villain is donking the following hands and will never fold to you. He doesn't care what you have. You need to remember the days when we all first started playing. You never cared or put your opponents on a hand. You just played your hand and if you had 2 pair... or even sometimes 3 pair (lol) you were going ATW.

Villains range:
Any A, K, Q, any pair, straight draw, FD and gutshot. He could be betting pocket twos... All he knows is that he has 2 pair and that 2 pair is hard to get.

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 06:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi pockettones, are you 3betting for value or as a bluff against a 47/31?
The donk bet looks pretty strong imo especially with that sizing, our action, and board texture. We have 3bet and they called OOP. And this flop is insane for our preflop range. AA, KK, AK, AQ. Are they bluffing? We have a gut shot on a paired board with two clubs and no way to improve with any sort of backdoor equity. So looking at our hand equity, I think we can comfortably say that our equity is pretty low and since we have little fold equity too as I explained then raising here is a spew imo. Say they have Kx, is this opponent going to fold TP to a flop raise? I think not, will they fold to a turn bet, also maybe not. Then here we are risking 3 barrels to optimistically get Kx to fold but Kx is not their entire range so with little equity to improve and little fold equity getting aggressive here is not the best action. I think this is a spot we have to fold to their donk bet.

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 12:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
Im 3-betting for value here, given his loose stats (which aren't reliable given sample size) but being in position I should be able to play this hand quite well and I am folding to 4bet, I think he is very wide from the CO and he might call wide too. My reasoning was that I thought that unless he had a queen I would be able to pressure him into folding out the rest of his range except maybe AA as I can rep KK/AQ/KK, and I believed he didn't have a queen because he donked it, I would expect a check raise or flatting to trap. Especially if he is a weaker player, they tend to slowplay their monsters and donk weak hands.

Last edited by pockettones; Sat Feb 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com