Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Why PokerStars?

Old
Why PokerStars? - Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Just wondering why many people are using PokerStarts.

What makes Poker Stars unique and different from other Poker sites?

I heard Poker Starts have one of the toughest poker users than any other Poker sites... so why don't PSO users play at other sites where there are lots of fish?

Cheers,

Aznhaxor

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2009
stars has:
bigger better prize pools
higher and more consistent traffic
better variety of games and tournaments
etc etc etc
sorry for nutshell reply.. multitabling

Last edited by stix144; Fri Feb 21, 2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
For me:

Stars has better software than any other site about. Full Tilt, which a lot of people seem/ed to like, just doesnt do it for me, and their sounds irritate me. The fact that stars were looking to impose those sounds on us did irk me but they saw sense and made the FT sounds beta and you could keep the current stars sounds.

Stars has the best support of any site I have played at, they are responsive, they are funny (Yeah, it matters to me), and they do a good job.

Stars has liquidity, any time of any day, you will get a game. Might not be at your usual level if you play off peak but you will get a game at some level.

Stars has the most fish, it has the most regs, you will face challenges on Stars. On other sites, there are more regs, maybe they are not as good as the stars regs, but they are still regs.

Stars, in general, has better promotions than other sites. Other sites offer huge rakeback deals but this is generally indicative of one thing, their rake is too high in the first place, so what is the big deal? Stars has its own rakeback deal in the guise of Stellar Rewards. Sure, its only really worth a lot to the biggest VPP grinders, but I got $100 out of it last year. That isnt bad.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
integrity

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
For me:

Stars has better software than any other site about. Full Tilt, which a lot of people seem/ed to like, just doesnt do it for me, and their sounds irritate me. The fact that stars were looking to impose those sounds on us did irk me but they saw sense and made the FT sounds beta and you could keep the current stars sounds.

Stars has the best support of any site I have played at, they are responsive, they are funny (Yeah, it matters to me), and they do a good job.

Stars has liquidity, any time of any day, you will get a game. Might not be at your usual level if you play off peak but you will get a game at some level.

Stars has the most fish, it has the most regs, you will face challenges on Stars. On other sites, there are more regs, maybe they are not as good as the stars regs, but they are still regs.

Stars, in general, has better promotions than other sites. Other sites offer huge rakeback deals but this is generally indicative of one thing, their rake is too high in the first place, so what is the big deal? Stars has its own rakeback deal in the guise of Stellar Rewards. Sure, its only really worth a lot to the biggest VPP grinders, but I got $100 out of it last year. That isnt bad.

Ditto.......What he said

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2012
You only get smarter by playing smarter opponents

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:49 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
You only get smarter by playing smarter opponents

Dam.......now everyone knows.......thx

hiccup

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 04:10 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2014
Nice video haha thank for the answer

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Trust (Proven on black friday)

Ads

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 05:29 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Too many of the poker sites I visited had a Facebook mentality. Players were willing to go all-in pre flop with any two cards. Not a game of skill, but of lucky hits. However, the biggest selling point was the ability to find a game at any hour. On other sites, tourneys were constantly being cancelled due to lack of players. Yet to see that here. And that was also true when I played in the cash side.

But the biggest reason, I have total faith in the random number generator that produces the hands. This site is so close to the math, I know I'm getting an honest deal. That's a major concern at other sites, the reliability and security of their system.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:22 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2012
1)Traffic
2)Stars has massive advertising campaign, this brings fish to game
3)Software. I am not sure if i can mention other operators name here but lets do blind comparison, its not full tilt i tell u that much. They also have lots of fishes, and level of play is worse, but software is kinda cheezy. It is not bad, by all means, i would even say it is better than full tilt, but it just irritates me. But sometimes you can go there and take ez money, villains calling off T6 on AJT two tone board.
4)Support
5)VIP deals. Stars actually do have low rake and i like that you can turn FPP's into tourney dollars through sats or satellite into bigger events. And also i bought drawstring bag lol when i was on TILT. Once i used it because went to local store and bought some milk, coke, meat and put it in the bag.

So to sum it up i think drawstring bag is the main reason.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com