Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

good river bluff? 2nl zoom

Old
good river bluff? 2nl zoom - Sat Feb 22, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
given that their will cb here w/ any pair they raised preflop i just called once he check turn, he is either potcontrolling w/ A or have some JJ,TT so when river came Q , i though i could represent something stronk here lulz

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 05:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
"Good bluff" and 2NL doesn't go well together...

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 06:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
"Good bluff" and 2NL doesn't go well together...
Totally agree.

The villain obviously had absolutely nothing. If he had anything, he likely calls.

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 07:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Not a big fan of the preflop call. Maybe raising flop is better we can fold better hands like PPs and when called we can check back turn to see a free river card instead of having to face two bets. OTR, I think the bluff is kind of optimistic because we rep so little. Are we checking back turn with an Ace? Only hand I could think of that takes that line is KdQd, QdJd basically a FD that turned SD value OTT. Also what is the opponent representing that we can get them to fold? A weak Ace that checked turn for pot control maybe? But do we expect the average player on 2nl to fold that? I'd like to have a good read before I take a line like that. The thing is, there are wayyy better spots to make money from so taking creative lines every once in a while without a read will get us blowing a good chunk of money that we had won playing ABC poker so we end up having to grind that back up again until it's time we go creative again and repeat the cycle. That I think is breakeven poker

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 07:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Fold pre. You are not making money with that hand. Plus, no one in their right mind folds Ace for that amount on the river, what were you trying to represent there? Sure when you flat preflop raise there are some QJ/KQ in your range but meh...

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 10:08 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Not a big fan of the preflop call. Maybe raising flop is better we can fold better hands like PPs and when called we can check back turn to see a free river card instead of having to face two bets. OTR, I think the bluff is kind of optimistic because we rep so little. Are we checking back turn with an Ace? Only hand I could think of that takes that line is KdQd, QdJd basically a FD that turned SD value OTT. Also what is the opponent representing that we can get them to fold? A weak Ace that checked turn for pot control maybe? But do we expect the average player on 2nl to fold that? I'd like to have a good read before I take a line like that. The thing is, there are wayyy better spots to make money from so taking creative lines every once in a while without a read will get us blowing a good chunk of money that we had won playing ABC poker so we end up having to grind that back up again until it's time we go creative again and repeat the cycle. That I think is breakeven poker
do u rly expect average 2NL player to fold small pp on flop or turn? they just always call it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com