Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

2NL variance

Old
2NL variance - Sat Feb 22, 2014, 11:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
just asking here those who think how easy is to grind trough 2NL while playing tight...
how am i supossed to grind trough 2NL if i get it always in good and always get runner runner ... and i play like big sample of hands and just playing tight (my bluffs and squeezes always made me just ++, not --), and all my loses comes from these hands... like 5-10 stacks down from every session cuz of runner runners...

so i just came to conclusion that variance in 2NL is highest possible, cuz they will never fold and always hit...abc poker... ya ... show me.... i played it and all i got was getting it in good and getting sucked every time /....
when i was playing higher stakes 5NL and10NL i guess it wasnt so unreal sickness.... idk why... mb of lower variance? i just came back to 2NL cuz i readjusted my Bankroll management from 20BI+ to 40BI+ and also cuz of downswing i had to went down....

its just... dont i have right to expect after 4x in a row, losing 85%:15%, to win at least fifth time in such situation? no words..

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Feb 22, 2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 11:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
***Moved***

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Im gonna be rough, to be honest, no one cares. Runner-runners? Suck it up and play through it and you will be fine. And if you really, really, honestly think you can beat 5NL or 10NL, then why just you dont stay there? 20 or 40 buyins, whatevs, if u can beat the limit its enough.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 04:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazYJohnnie View Post
Im gonna be rough, to be honest, no one cares. Runner-runners? Suck it up and play through it and you will be fine. And if you really, really, honestly think you can beat 5NL or 10NL, then why just you dont stay there? 20 or 40 buyins, whatevs, if u can beat the limit its enough.
even phil ivey can get 20BI downswing...

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 06:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
even phil ivey can get 20BI downswing...
Well if you doing it for living then yes, 20 BI is bad, but for rec player... Ofc i know, ive also had 20 BI swing.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com